Version 3 Chapter 12

Originally Published: Mid 2014 

"I hate endings. I hate the finality, I hate everything about them." 

"Sounds like it went well," Leon said as he approached your side. "Sometimes it's annoying breaking new students in." 

You were surprised to hear Leon complaining. It seemed out of character for him. "Too stubborn?" You asked with a small smile, Yuj had the same issue talking to Ichigo. 

"You'd be surprised." Leon gave a purposeful glare toward the short white haired boy. Cold eyes locked with Leon's light blue eyes, seemingly sensing that he was being talked about. You shivered as Toshiro's eyes locked with yours, since you'd been looking at the two of them glare at each other. For someone so short he had a cold, mature air to him. You wouldn't guess that he'd been around your age, not with that frosty presence.

"Ready for lunch?" Reno drawled as he approached your group. 

"Starved." You smiled. The longer periods were harder to pay attention to, but at least there was plenty of time to process everything. "How'd you do Reno?" 

"Pretty good. A gun's not my favorite weapon, but a Turk should know how to use it. At least that's what they say, yo." Reno gave a little shrug. His casual attitude changed instantly as he looked at his holopad. "Shit! There's a club meeting! Tseng's going to skin me if I'm late." Reno picked up the pace, running in the opposite direction as the lunchroom. "I'll see you guys later!" 

"You can it make to the lunch room right?" Leon asked.

"I'm guessing you have a club meeting too? I'll be fine, no worries," you reassured. Leon left, walking the same way that Reno just ran with a lazy wave over his shoulder. You wandered off, wondering just what kinds of clubs that the school had. You half thought about joining one while you were taking a walk over to the cafeteria. 

"Hey! (Name)! Wait up!" 

"Oh, hey Prompto!" 

"See you got rid of the ginger and stormy." Prompto caught up and walked besides you. 

"You did not just call Reno, ginger and Leon, stormy." You shook your head slightly, but you were getting more used to weird antics from everyone. In fact you started expecting them by now. 

"I guess Flame Head would be better since he's more red than orange... Good point (Name). But Stormy stays, have you met that guy?" 

"Glad to be of some help," you muttered sarcastically. 

"Hey, you wanna sit with me and the rest of the gang at lunch?" 

"Sure, until I get a better offer." You grinned at Prompto. 

"Now that is just mean!" 

"Kidding Prompto, kidding." 

"Yea right." Prompto muttered. 

"Did it hurt your ego?" 

"In fact it did." Prompto crossed his arms, pouting like a five year old.

"In that case, I'm not sorry." 

"Wha- (Name), that's mean!" 

"Well doesn't that stink?" 

"Man, who shit on your parade?" 

"Shit on my parade...? Isn't it supposed to be rain on your parade?" 

"Honey, it rained on your parade and then it turned into a shitstorm." Prompto stuck his tongue out at you. 

"Wow, thanks Prompto."