Version 2 Chapter 3

Originally Posted: July 4th, 2013 

"(Name)!"

You gave a small gasp, eyes flying open to meet with Marlene's warm brown eyes.

"I was calling you, were you sleeping standing up?" Marlene spoke in amazement.

Was I sleeping? Who were those voices that I heard? "I- I was just zoning out." You couldn't even manage to put the usual distance in your words, breathless. You had a vague sense of deja vu from it all.

"Ah I see... Does this uniform look alright on me?" Marlene took a step back from you, twisting and turning slightly in the uniform. The white button up was tucked into the blue pleated skirt. She had placed a gray cardigan over the button up, the sleeves down to the elbows and rolled up once, but it wasn't buttoned over the top. Her brown hair is pulled into a braid on the side, with a pink ribbon holding it together. The ribbon matches the one she wears around her uniform collar, both the ribbons tied into neat bows.

*Knock Knock*

"There are the boys." Marlene says as she goes to grab her schoolbag. You grab yours from its position on the floor, on the other side of the doorway. Dorms were co-ed, as in the boys and the girls might be in the same building but there weren't co-ed roommates. Since they were also the latest editions you weren't too surprised that the boys would be in the room besides yours. You were still in something akin to a daze as you and Marlene exited your dorm room together.

You looked at the boys, an unreadable expression on your face. Denzel wore the uniform without tucking his shirt into his shorts. A brown hoodie was slung over the white button up, and instead of anything as a tie or a necktie he wore a ring that hung off a leather chain. Hope's shirt was tucked into his pants, but you were surprised that he was wearing a yellow/orange jacket over his uniform. The quieter boy didn't seem like the type to go for neon colors, you noted that the wristband he wore on his left arm was also yellow.

"Let's go..." You had been zoning out while looking over everyone's outfit choices. Well they were certainly unique to say the least. You turned quickly on your heel so they couldn't catch the distant look in your eyes. It wasn't your usual distant push-people-away expression, it was more-so distant as in you weren't really focusing on anything at the moment. You could probably make it to the cafeteria in five to ten minutes on a good day. But right now wasn't really a good day. You were stuck playing tour guide for a grand total of three newbies, all of which had seen you barely clothed earlier.

What a great start to the day.

Even with the time that was lost to the awkward after shower conversation and the three's preparations you were still running a bit earlier than usual thanks to those fourteen minutes where you pulled your butt out of bed early. You were sure that it wouldn't stay that way for long, early and yourself never went quite hand in hand. Not to mention you could tell that Ansem probably didn't give them the Grand Tour Deluxe, and shown the three around the school that much yet. They resembled you some time ago, appreciating all of the little bits of cultures that came from all the different realms, some destroyed and some not. The exhibit for Earth wasn't quite complete yet- you knew this because they had asked you and the other survivors a bit about the world itself- sure they already had some records, but quotes from actual survivors was something they were planning on including and taking into consideration when they made the exhibit.

Denzel and Marlene both stopped walking. You turned to look at them to see that their eyes were glued to the exhibit of a planet you didn't recognize. Hope was a little farther down looking at another display. You sighed and stopped to wait for them like a good little tour guide would do. They would probably get lost without you, and even you didn't have it in you to be that cruel to three poor newbies. So far they didn't do anything to you yet. Then again you didn't have any plans to become best friends with the three of them so you weren't going to ask what they were looking at or about the worlds they were from. Your iPod became incredibly interesting again as you played your favorite game on it to pass the time. In a few minutes the three had wrapped up their gawking and returned to your side. Something of a silence had settled, and you were assuming it was because their thoughts were elsewhere. Well. You weren't about to break the silence, so unless one of them spoke up this was going to be a quiet, quiet walk. Fortunately the awkwardness never had a chance to settle in while the three of them glanced at exhibit after exhibit, fascinated by the school.