Version 3 Chapter 7

Originally Published: May 4th, 2014 

Authoress's note: Dedicated to Lapeligroza because she is always encouraging me! So go check her out! Editing note: I didn't change much of this chapter actually, it was actually half decent so we should be good from here! :)

How did I get off Earth anyways...? I still don't remember....

"(NAME!)"

You jumped at the voice, head turning frantically before your eyes laid to rest on a familiar reddish brown haired boy.

"Geez. You're such a space case." He shook his head "You ready to go yet?" Denzel dropped the bag in his hand to the ground with a plunk. He was wearing a simple black tee shirt with his favorite dark olive hoodie on over it, not to mention jeans. Oh right...

"Nooooo. I'm just standing out here with this bag for no reason," You replied, sarcasm dripping from every word. This made Denzel roll his eyes at you. You ran your fingers through your hair, as if that would help you focus on reality and getting through the day without sleeping or zoning out again.

"What are you always spacing out about anyways?" Denzel, Hope, and Marlene asked you this a lot, and honestly it varied every time. On occasions you weren't thinking about anything- just zoning out in general, other times you were thinking about Earth, and lately you'd been daydreaming more about being around all those friends you'd made again. You usually just slept a lot to be honest, in the strangest positions too, you were starting to get worried.

Hope and Marlene were still getting their bags ready so you and Denzel had plenty of time to talk to each other.

"Hmm? I was thinking about what happened. On Earth that is."

"... Are you ever gonna tell us what happened?" Denzel looked at you expectantly, then the boy turned away and shook his head- perhaps reconsidering his own action "I mean you don't have to, but..."

"When I remember it all, I'll let you know," You said with a small nod.

"Heh," He let out a series of soft chuckles to himself.

You raised a questioning brow towards Denzel, tilting your head ever so slightly. You were curious for his sudden chuckling, unless he finally went insane or something.

"Whatever happened those nights you were in a coma, I'm kinda glad."

You blinked a few times at his statement- did he even realize what he had just said? "Did you just say you're glad I was in a coma?" The brow that you had originally raised in a questioning way changed to one of a brow of concern for his mental health.

"UGH- AGH- I- I-" Denzel's cheeks flushed pink. "I just meant that I'm glad you opened up to us some more."

"Haha I know, I was teasing you." You let out a small laugh as you stuck your tongue out at him. He had a tendency to give his thoughts away in his actions. You could more often than not guess how he was feeling based on his facial expressions alone. It was one of his endearing traits however.

"HEY!"

"Gosh you two are loud." Marlene poked her head out of the room. The girl wore a dress of pale yellow today. You wondered where she got her girliness from, though the answer probably laid in Aerith's influence. The softspoken girl just didn't scream 'fighter' in your opinion. But then again she could still probably kick your butt and she went to Lucere, so maybe you shouldn't really say anything regarding fighting...

"You and Hope are slow that's all there is to it!" Denzel stuck his tongue out before pointing at you. "Even she can get ready quicker than you two!"