Version 3 Chapter 10

Originally Published: ??? 

Dedicated to xSimplyElementaryx because she gave me a great critique and advice!~ Plus her stories are amazing in general~ RIGHT. ONTO THE GOOD STUFF.

"What came first? The darkness or the light?"

"So what's it like growing up rich?" The instrumentalist stood behind you, pushing you every time you came back. You sat on the swing, up and down, up and down. You extended your hand to the blue sky as if you were trying to catch a cloud. You started meeting up with him like this a lot more, it was nice to get outside of the house.

"It's really... Lonely." People assumed that you had it all, materialistically of course you did. Sometimes though you just wanted nothing more than to walk home and have one of your parents welcoming you back. You had Cook and Walter though, which made things nice.

"What makes you say that?"

"It's so hard to have friends when everyone just wants you for something. I don't think anyone's ever tried to just be my friend."

"Wow. I'm really offended." He grabbed the sides of the swing and made you come to a jerky halt. He spun you around so that you were facing him, his blue cyan eyes boring into yours.

"Hey!"

"What the hell am I if not your friend?"

"... I didn't know if you thought we were friends... I thought I was just a bother to you." Your eyes brimmed slightly with tears.

"Hey now, don't get all sappy with me..." He hugged you tightly.

"Thanks Myde. I needed that." You leaned back into his embrace, content with this friendship.

Being friends with Myde was simple. He wasn't a complicated person; he was deep but not complicated. He didn't want to make himself complicated. He was the first one who taught you what it meant to be a friend: whether it be late night phone calls or constant visits or even just being there whenever either of you were lonely- he was the person who really showed you what it was like to have a friend.

"Rai! Hey! You're back!" You threw your arms around Rai tightly, before peeling yourself off him and checking to make sure that he wasn't wounded from going outside of the safehouse.

"I promised didn't I?" Rai wrapped his arms around you tightly. You tilted your head. "I won't ever stop fighting to protect you. Not until my dying breath." Pressed to his chest, you blinked a few times before processing his words.

"That's so morbid! Cut it out!" You squeezed him tightly, as if to make sure that he wasn't going anywhere.

"Sorry, forgot you hate when I talk like that." He laughed.

"What am I going to do with you?" Rai said, though he stroked your hair gently. It was his way of making up to you for upsetting you.

"I think I should be asking what I would do without you..."

Raito was something else. He was a servant who never frowned nor complained once when a heavy workload was placed on his shoulders. He was the one who taught you about loyalty, about perseverance, and about optimism. You didn't know him for long, but he left a deep impression on you. If only...

How much does the past really matter, what I've got to focus on is the future, the here and now.