Version 4 Chapter 4

Originally Published (approx): Dec 2014 - Jan 2015

It shouldn't have been legal.

These bastards should have been thrown into a cold jail cell and left to rot. ROT.

Like, this was basically torture. On the same level as Child Abuse.

"Wake up already!" Denzel yanked on your covers with a forceful tug. You scrunched up your face, refusing to let go of your blankets.

"Get out, it's Sunday!"

"Well guess what?" Denzel stopped tugging on the blankets for a second, and you did the same. You peered over the covered cautiously at him, knowing well enough that trusting this little shit was dangerous.

"What?"

"I DON'T GIVE A DAMN!" Denzel gave the blankets a firm tug, and you practically cried as your blankets flew away and you were assaulted by a rush of cold air.

"YOU COLDHEARTED BASTARD!" You cried out, sitting straight up in your bed.

"Finally! Now let's get going already!"

"You take away my only source of comfort and joy in this world and you expect me to just get out of bed?!"

"Don't be dramatic."

"Don't tell me what to do!" You flung your pillow at his face. You were probably going to get up after this, but you were going to put him through the same amount of torture that he put you through.

"Look!" Denzel clutched both sides of his head in frustration, and you wondered if his hair was going to start falling out. "Marlene isn't waking you up because she's trying to look perfect and all to meet up with everyone. Hope doesn't have the balls to wake you up. So I'm here, and I have put up with your crazy ass in the morning for a good week. For once. Once. Just get out of bed, and I promise that you'll have a good time today."

Moments of silence passed where you just stared at him. He stared right back at you. "What are we doing today? Why are you being nice for once? What have you done with the real Denzel?"

"Idiot." Denzel flung your pillow back at your face. You swatted it down.

"Haha! Take that!"

And then he threw your blanket at you. You weren't sure how he managed to aim it just so that it would cover your face, but he did.

"Asshole," you seethed as you fumbled to get the blanket off of your head. Ironic. I was clinging to my blanket a few moments ago. Now I'm trying to get it off.

"Hey Denzel, did you finally get her out of bed?"

You could hear Marlene open the door to the ensuite bathroom.

"No thanks to you," Denzel muttered. "I swear, I'm going to be back in fifteen minutes. If you two aren't ready yet, I'm leaving you behind!"

You sighed and glanced up at Marlene. "We don't have to be fancy, do we?" You shot her a pleading look. You'd never been one to try to dress up that much, and it only got worse since most of your friends throughout the years have mainly been guys. It wasn't that you had an innate hatred towards dresses, most of them just weren't comfortable. You tended to go for more comfortable outfits, just so that you could move around easily and keep up with the crazy idiots you called friends.

Marlene giggled. "No, you don't have to be. Though, my friends heard that you hadn't gotten yourself any clothes yet, so they did all chip in to get you an outfit for today. It's simple, but it is really cute."