Version 4 Chapter 9

Originally Published: May 30th, 2015

ღ✎Authoress's Noteღ✎: Well this one goes out to Moonstar1312 for reading my long ass rant in my Book of Shit and then telling me that today was her birthday! If you haven't read it yet, then I really want you to go read it. Seriously. Right now. Before you read the chapter. It's for my sake, and the sake of everyone else in the fandom. This chapter is so much shorter than my usual chapters, it's unedited (and I will edit in the morning), but more importantly it's hardly focused on the Reader at all. That's the important part. I don't write this giant crossover fic to make the world's biggest reverse harem. I want you to see these BRILLIANT other characters and get the chance to know them and fall in love. So I really hope that you enjoy getting to see from more perspectives, let me know how you like the multiple point of views~ And by the way, anyone have a tumblr or a deviantart? Serious question here~ Without further ado, get to reading and don't forget to vote and comment loves~ School's ALMOST out so I can actually get to updates now!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In two minutes, the dark skinned male sighed five times; cracked his neck, fingers, and toes; summoned his holopad and dismissed it almost thirty times; and whistled ten off key notes.

That's it. He was going to eject that restless waste of air into deep space- no one would ever know better. If anyone asked, Barret Wallace had valiantly thrown himself out of the Gummi-Ship to destroy the fleet of Heartless Ships tailing them; that was the story.

Another sigh.

The unlit cigarette in the blond's mouth nearly snapped in half as he glared at the bastard taking up two full chairs with that fat ass of his. "Would ya stop sighin' like some ol' widow!? What's wrong with takin' a break like a fuckin' normal person!?" The blond panted as he in the middle of his raging since he needed to take a breath, hands clenching around the yoke (steering mechanism) of the Gummi-Ship. Clenching his teeth finally got the best of him and his unlit cigarette crumpled ungracefully to the ground while the smell and taste of raw tobacco lingered. He stopped to spit the remains of the cigarette into the trash compartment. "You're gonna work yourself to death, ya damn idjit," Cid grumbled under his breath, still refusing to let the topic drop.

"Cid, you're gonna give yourself high blood pressure." The dark skinned male flicked aimlessly through some tabs on the holopad. Nothing interesting in the stats tab, he didn't need to check the magic tab, and he didn't have any new messages to worry about. Barret settled on the missions tab, willing the screen to refresh. And then refresh again. And then refresh again. And again. And again. Nothing.

Cid rolled his eyes. "That's gonna change jack shit and you know it."

Silence settled in the small compartment of the Gummi-Ship once again. Cid continued to fly the Gummi-Ship while ignoring the overgrown man-child he had to put up with and Barret continued to refresh the Holopad screen as if something would finally happen.

The holopad finally came to life, shuddering as the incoming call screen came onto view. Barret held the holopad up for Cid to see, a shit-eating grin on his face. "Whadduya know?" Barret quickly hit the button to answer the call, and he made sure to set the call onto speaker mode- so Cid could share in his joy of course.

"Von Laur, my man! Tell me you've got a mission for me!" Barret's voice reverberated through the tiny space and a vein in Cid's neck bulged.

There was a soft chuckle from the other side of the phone. "I'm glad to hear that you're well, Mr. Wallace, and yes- however you will find that it's not your typical kind of mission."