Version 3 Chapter 4

Originally Published: April 13th, 2014 

"Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!!" Two voices chorused. You truly pitied your neighbors for having to constantly put up with the wake-up calls that haunted your mornings. Then again one of your next door roommates was the cause of all the yelling, so you supposed you should just send the angry mob in his direction if they had any complaints. You were hiding, covers pulled over your head as you hid from them.

"YOU'RE NOT ASLEEP YOU FAKER!"

You hand curled into a fist over the edge of the covers. "MARLENE! DENZEL!" You flew out of your covers, pillow in hand.

WHACK

Denzel rubbed at his head and let out a whine, "How do you always manage to hit me!!!" He cradled his head and sent a glare toward you. You took the same pillow you used to smack him and threw it. Denzel caught the pillow. "Y'know that trick gets old after the first three times."

"Shaddup. You deserve to get hit with a million brick pillows," you replied. You laid back down in bed, pulling the covers back over yourself. Pillow or no pillow, no one was getting in the way of your sleep.

"No! Wake up sleepyhead!" Denzel yanked your covers off you, refusing to accept defeat. You shot up in bed, sending a burning glare into that smug face of his.

"It's Saturday!" You complained, "I should be allowed to sleep the day away!" You weren't going to lie. Your sleeping habits were truly atrocious. Sometimes on school days you slept straight through the alarm and through their yelling as well.

"We're going into town!" Marlene exclaimed.

"Get ready!" Denzel complained. He started tugging on your feet at the bottom of the bed.

"Why do I have to come?!" You snapped. Considering you knew them for less than a week they were more than attached to you. You usually didn't mind too much, having three idiot friends was a lot better than being the constant loner, but they were way too attached for your liking.

"Because! We want to introduce you to some of our friends!" Marlene shook your bed some more, trying to get you up.

"Eww. People. I pass." You flipped yourself over so you were laying on your stomach with your face buried into the bed.

"Someone's got to make sure Hope's not awkward and alone!" Denzel yelled.

"Hey!" Hope, who was the only soul kind enough to not torture you this early, protested.

You lifted your head for a second, glaring when Marlene or Denzel entered your field of vision and giving a nice little deadpan to Hope. "Hope... I wish you luck." And back to bed you went.

The room was quiet for a few moments. You could hear shuffling as Denzel moved away from the foot of your bed, a victorious little smirk made its way onto your face. You were sure that they'd be back sometime later, just hopefully not soon.

"WAKE UP DAMNIT!"

"DENZEL YOU DID NOT JUST FUCKING POUR WATER ON ME. I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" You screeched, flying out of bed, stream blowing from your ears.

Denzel's eyes were wide as he looked at the cup at his hands and then backed to your soaked form. You were doing a GREAT job at looking like a drowned dog. A drowned dog with murderous intent, that is.

"GET HER MARLENE!"

"GET HER?! OH HELL NO! I'M GETTING YOU AND I'M GOING TO THROW YOU OUT THIS WINDO- MARLENE GET OFF ME!" Marlene wrapped a fluffy white blanket around you, and she was pulling the two ends in the back. "You're coming with (Name)! Whether you like it or not! You have no personal belongings! You need it!"