Version 2 Chapter 4

Originally Posted: July 19th, 2013

"Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!!" Two voices chorused. Even the room besides yours would be able to hear it, that being the room of one of said yellers that is.

Irritation made your hand curl into a fist underneath your covers. "MARLENE! DENZEL!" You flew out of your covers, pillow in hand.

WHACK

Denzel rubbed at his head and let out a whine "How do you always manage to hit me!!!" He cradled his head and sent a glare towards you. You threw the pillow at him, and he caught it- already expecting this outcome.

"Maybe you just deserve to get hit the most." You replied; before lying back down in your bed, covering your face with a pillow.

"No! Wake up sleepyhead!" Denzel shook your shoulder this time, refusing to accept defeat. Your sleeping habits were truly atrocious. Sometimes you slept straight through the alarm and through their yelling as well.

"It's Saturday!" You complained "I should be allowed to sleep the day away!"

"We're going into town!" Marlene exclaimed, overexcited as the boys were.

"Get ready!" Denzel complained. He'd moved away from your shoulder to the bottom of the bed and he tugged on your feet in annoyance.

"Why do I have to come?!" You snapped. Considering you knew them for less than a week they were more than attached to you. But then again you didn't push them away in the first place so now all your attempts to push them away became useless. Persistent little shits they were.

"Because! We want to introduce you to some of our friends!" Marlene shook your bed some more, trying to get you up.

"Eww. People. I pass." You flipped yourself over so you were laying on your stomach with your face buried into the pillow's coolness.

"Someone's got to make sure Hope's not awkward!" Denzel yelled.

"Hey!" Hope, who was the only soul kind enough to not torture you this early, protested.

You lifted your head for a second, glaring when Marlene or Denzel entered your field of vision and giving a nice little deadpan to Hope. "Hope... I wish you luck." And back to bed you went.

Or at least that's what you thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The path that lined your way to town was the only one. Walking was the easiest way that you knew of, mostly because the road wasn't wide enough for cars beyond the single tram that could carry you there, but that was under repair. Besides, it wasn't that bad to walk especially since it was a nice day, not too hot and yet not too cold. There wasn't a cloud in the sky and yet it wasn't blindingly bright either.

"I'm so excited!" Marlene said, eyes somewhat sparkly while she did so. You had to admit that while the girl was always nicely put together with girly outfits it seemed like she was excessively so today, with a spaghetti strap dress that was white from the chest, a braided belt added definition to her waist, and from the belt down the dress was a light pink color.

"It's been awhile since we've seen any of them face to face." Denzel mused, sticking his hands into the pockets of his jeans. He wore a navy green tee shirt with a thin brown hoodie over it, unzipped, and his wrists were adorned with different bracelets."Do you want to see Cloooouuuuuddd??~" Denzel singsonged in a way where you had to smirk slightly.

"Shut up!" Marlene lightly punched Denzel's arm, her cheeks flushed pink.

"A boy you like?" You asked casually. This was revenge for all the times they woke you up or teased you about something.