Chapter 20

The sound of laughter and screams added to the twinkling music of the merry-go-round sounded the arrival of the carnival.

I hopped off Finn's truck as he did the same on the other side and together we made our way to the ticket booth. Neither of us talked or even acknowledged each other. I was still fuming inside and he was still being a inconsiderate jerk.

My mind kept reeling back to that exact moment, when we lay there with our breaths mingling together and our hearts beating faster and faster. And, then how it all just disappeared when he spoke up, completely avoiding our almost-kiss.

But, the most frightening thing was, I was actually hoping for our kiss. It was like whenever he was just the slightest bit close to me, my brain decided to stop thinking straight.

And, that scared me.

I took a deep breath in and the smell of too-much-buttered popcorn popping in the distance and the grilling of burnt hotdogs spilling in ketchup and mustard, filled my lungs.

Ah, how much I loved carnivals and all it's sights and smells.

One ticket for moi, and the other..." Finn hesitated for a second as he glanced down at me. "....and the other for my beautiful, one of a kind girlfriend." His arm suddenly slung over my back as he pulled me in closer to him. And, I could guarantee you that he had that stupid self-obsessed and too-much-teeth full grin on his face right then.

The middle aged man behind the counter with his pitiful circle glasses and bored-out-of-his-mind look took no interest of us or Finn's words as he began to do his job, punching out tickets.

However, I, cared very much. Too much.

How dare he act like this when, just seconds ago, he avoided kissing me.

I don't understand him.

I pulled out a disgusted and irritated face at him as I escaped his arms.

"Don't touch me!", I snapped at him, wagging my finger in the air.

"Calm down, baby." He chuckled once we had entered the carnival, cour tickets in our hands.

But, I could hardly hear him over the sounds and screams of the carnival. It seemed like everyone had the same idea when they heard the words free food.

The carnival today was packed, over-crowding to the point where it was unbearable.

Excited and wild children freed from their parents's hands ran past us in herds. Old and young couples, who had thought that the carnival was the most romanticist place to be, held hands as they laughed and giggled over something unmeaning. Tourists, emerged from every corner, steadying their canon cameras over their head as they toke unnecessary amount of pictures. And, then there were the teenagers, traveling in their exclusive groups and biting off each other's cotton candies.

"I'm getting food.", I finally said loudly, in order to be heard, as I stomped over to wherever the smell of food led me to.

"By myself!" I added as I turned around for a spilt second, and turned right back when I saw his stupid face and his stupid smile.

My stomps became heavier and louder as my thoughts became angrier and meaner.

I hate him!

But, sometimes I kind of like him, the other side of my brain thought.

Shut up, I told myself in my mind.

God, now I'm talking to myself!

I yelped softly as I felt a arm snatch me around and pull me into something hard.