Chapter 21

"Your so crazy.", I said with a slight smile to my face as I shook my head. "So fricking crazy"

The wide circle of people had left, leaving a few still lingering around and the carnival was back to it's order.

Rose petals still littered the ground and the air around was more cheery and festive than ever. And, as Finn and I walked by to get to the food stand, people smiled in our direction and congulated Finn and me as if they knew us personally.

So, this is what being famous felt like.

"Yeah, I am crazy.", Finn agreed, stopping to pick up some petals from the ground. "Crazy for you." He winked at me as he let the pretty red petals float around in my head.

"I don't get it!", I accidentally blurt out, only meaning to say that in my mind.

"Get what?", he curiously asked, as he looked up from the ground. One of his eyebrows lifted up, as his face stood puzzled.

Oh god, why did he have to be serious now, of all times?, I thought to myself.

I wanted to tell him that I didn't get him.

I just didn't understand how one minute he could turn from stupid and goofy Finn to serious and mysterious Finn.

Or, how sometimes, I could sense he actually liked me, like when we laid in the soft grass, side by side. How close our faces had been then, and the sudden second in which it had almost felt like we would kiss.

Or when, we had held hands as we trailed through the carnival. And, how normal and amazing that felt, like they wasn't anyone else that I could possibly hold hands with.

Or, that moment when he had carried me as everyone watched, and my laughter and smile only stayed because of him.

And, all of that had vanished because of him.

I didn't understand.

But, mostly I couldn't understand, as much as I had tried to avoid, how he could make me feel.

Like a entire zoo had erupted in my tummy, whenever he just simply glanced in my way with that smile on his face. Or, how he could make me endlessly laugh at his stupid tricks and jokes, and how it could feel so real and alive.

He was like that math problem, that no matter how much you analyzed and thought over every , you could never get the answer.

And, I didn't want to tell him all that.

The only thing I would be asking for, if I did, was a laugh in my face.

"I don't get...." I pondered my brain for something, anything that won't sound stupid, but all I could think of was, "....you."

I mentally killed myself in my head three times.

"Moi?", Finn exclaimed dramatically, as he pointed to himself. "Why, I'm the most easiest thing to understand."

We had finally reached the food court and the smell of hot dogs and fried onions could have never been more better.

"I like food and I like...yeah, that's pretty much it." He smiled at me, making my insides want to commit suicide.

"Wow, we have so much in common." I replied back sarcastically, when the smell of food hit me too. My stomach growled, and my mouth watered.

"I know right?, we could just get married in the name of food." He absentmindedly said, as we both sped up our walking to get to the food stand.

"And, have food babies named burger and pizza." I said back without thinking.

Both of us, were so captivated on the smell of food, we hadn't a clue what we were just going on about.

If anyone was to overhear our conversation, we might just be put in a mental hospital.

"Ew, where are you going." He stopped, when he saw me heading over to the hot dog stand.

"Um, hotdogs." I answered back in a duh-tone.

"Um, no." Finn mocked me. "We're going to get pizza."

And, all to suddenly, he had me in his hold, as his hand once again laced through my own.

"But, I want a hotdog." I whined like a little three year old, as I snatched my hand away from his.

"Do you want a smack to your head too." Finn grumbled.

"Shut up.", I snapped back at him, as he laughed to himself.

"Ok, angel, calm down." He assures me with that infamous smile. "Let's settle this the professional way."

"Professional way?" I snort loudly at his seriousness of this.

"Yeah, I'm talking about the most professionally way there is to professional do profession stuff." He explains, with so much power and thoughtfulness. You would have think he was giving the speech as a president.

"Ok, yeah, so I'm just going to be at the hot dog stand, if you need me.", I murmurer to him, as I begin to leave.

I wasn't going to take any of his 'professional' stuff seriously. It was just like him to act like deciding on where to eat was the biggest decision yet.

"I'm talking about rock, paper, scissors here." He says, as he firms his hands on my shoulders, turning me around.

"Rock, paper, scissors?", I whisper quietly to myself.

Memories of me holding a trophy over my head run through my mind.

Believe it or not, but my elementary school had a rock, paper, scissors contest every year.

And, guess who won the year of 2004?

That's right, it was moi.

"Oh, it's on!" I hoot at him, as I place my fist next to his. "Rock, paper, scissors!"

And on scissors, I still keep my hand as a fist while Finn transforms his into scissors.

"Well, that was easy.", I brush off after I knock out my fist at his scissor hands.

"Nah, it's one out of three." he objects, his face in totally concentration.

"Fine." I reprise.

And, so after three rounds of rock, paper, scissors, including another one, because someone aka Finn thought I was cheating.

I obviously won.

"It's called skills." I boast, once we start to walk to the hot dog stand.

Me, skipping in front of Finn while he idly walks behind me, a grim face on display.

"It's called luck." he mimics, after me.

I shoot him a death glare.

But, it doesn't last long when I spot the hot dog stand, my nose walking me to the smell, like a dog.

"It can't get better than this." my dreamily look captives my face, once we get in line.

And, I didn't just mean the hotdogs.