Chapter 4

It's been, possibly, 3 hours after the encounter of Cammy Jones and my mom and her have been completely inseparable from each other, chatting and giggling like little school girls at a playground.

After, 2 hours of trying to track down and hunt for our luggage at the baggage claim, even having to wait an extra 30 minutes for a black double zipped duffel bag which belonged to Cammy's son, who she introduced as Finn later on. Then, 1 hour waiting outside at the honking of horns and crowds of people shouting out to each other, for the limo that was presumed to take us to Hôtel Madeleine Plaza.

Now, as I sat in the limo, watching the busy streets of Paris, the cozy, outdoor cafés, that stood out in every corner, inviting all passerbys to stop for a quick bite. Or, the hustling of people, looking potent and important in their classy clothes, as they went on by with their lives. However, despite all that, the particular thing that caught my eye was the thousands of lights that flicked in the night sky, casting a enchanted magical feel on everything. It was no wonder they called this city, "the city of lights".

"Never been to Paris, huh?", a attractive, deep voice broke my thoughts, as I turned my head at breakneck speed to see who dared interrupt my thinking.

A handsome, amused face stared back at me and I knew it was that boy, Finn with his overly styled hair.

"I could tell by the way your mouth was hanging open, staring out the window.", he explained, answering the question I was about to ask.

How dare this stranger just tell me that my mouth was hanging open?

Is this anyway to make a impression?

I gave him a dirty look, as I said, "Firstly, my mouth was not hanging open and secondly,...", I couldn't find something else to finish my sentence and so, to not sound stupid or brainless, I said the first thing I could cogitate, "Secondly, You don't even know me, you bully."

Right away, as soon as those words left my mouth, I realized just how childish and immature I sounded. Clearly, not the best first impression, and as the saying goes, "Your first impression is your last impression."

And, right now I'm not doing such a good job, unless I wanted Finn to think I was some bratty, selfish and immature child, then of course.

It also didn't help that Finn started his obnoxious sounding chuckles at me. "You seem kind of nervous? Is my good looks and dazzling personality making you nervous?" He laughed, then. Even harder at the dumb joke he thought of.

What a stupid jerk I thought as I turned my back away from him, Right now, his first impression to me was a self-centred and conceited jerk, how would his mother like that?

I turned my face to watch out the window again. I didn't need him to make a show of my tomato red face filled with fury, or else he would just die laughing.

Maybe, that would actually be a good thing, not him laughing at me but the part when he dies. Yeah, that would be the highlight of my year.

I let my thoughts carry on about the hopefulness of Finn dying in many brutal ways, when I heard the same voice from behind me, "Aw, Don't tell me your still mad at me for pushing you down at the airplane." I coldly glared at him from the back of my head, at the mere mention of the accident at the plane.

"I mean like if I had known you thought I was hot, I would have pushed you harder.", then he erupted like a volcano with his childlike laughter.

It was unbelievable! How could such a attractive looking person could be this immature and irritating. I couldn't take it anymore, my anger towards him was now boiling out of my head, if I was a cartoon character, there would be smoke coming out of my head.

"SHUT UPPPPP, YOU DON'T MAKE ME NERVOU! I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU! I DON'T THINK YOUR HOT, I THINK YOUR A DOUC-" , I was cut short by my mother's voice, "Emerald May Jackson, quit hurting the poor boy and if I hear you scream one more time, I will personally come over there and smack some sense into you!"

What, with all the angry words pouring out of my mouth, I didn't even notice how I was hitting and slapping Finn.

I stopped and looked around.

Everyone, including my dad, Ruby and Onyx, who previously had his eyes glued to his Nintendo DS, and even the burly mustached man, driving the limo were now gawking at the scene before them.

"It's alright Mrs. Jackson, Emerald was just showing me her amazing acting talent." , Finn confessed with his innocent, angelic smile, that could make any girl fall for him. "And, I have to say you have one talented actress as your daughter."

My mother looked at Finn for what seemed like, five minutes, not believing the obvious lie she was just told. "Ok, just make sure no more hitting anymore." She warned me gently, having been fallen for Finn's charming little smile making her completely ignore the outrageous lie he had just told.

However, she still glared at me like a hawk looks at his prey, before turning around and starting another conversation with her new best friend, Cammy.

I sighed heavily as I too, turned around to watch the beautiful streets of Paris, only to find out we had arrived to the hotel.

"So, what else do I make you feel, huh?

It took all my willpower to ignore the pesky, annoying voice.

I kept telling myself to just conceal it, don't feel it, don't let them know.

I need to let my foolish anger out of my body.

To let it go.