Chapter 17

It was only when I had plugged my earbuds into my ears.

When I cranked up the volume on my iPod to the highest setting, that had finally left me with a calming peace in my mind.

The music flooded my ears, escaping me to a whole other universe.

A universe where, you didn't have to grow up.

where you could only think happy thoughts and where there were no boys with green eyes and charming smiles, throwing jellybeans at you.

I felt almost content, until, the devil himself came.

With his unbearable heavy stomps, and blatant voice screaming "Guess what!" I was sure that, people from China could hear him.

"Hey, Hey, Guess what!" Finn announced as soon as he entered my doorway. He panted in exhaustion, assuming he had to run all the way to his hotel room to ours. And, not to mention his screaming along the way.

"What?", I plainly said in a dull way, taking out one of my earbuds.

"Come on! Guess!", He exclaimed even louder, if that was even possible.

What's with this guy and his excitement. I won't be surprised if all this excitement was from seeing a dumb commercial on TV.

"Fine.", I relented. "You're going to disneyland?"

"Noooo! Guess again!", Came the reply from the overly excited, jumpy, Finn.

"You found out your the heir to the throne?"

"Nope!" He shook his head violently, popping the p.

"You're finally going home and leaving me alone?" I guessed hopefully, my eyes lighting up with false hope.

"Ha! You're funny." He snapped sarcastically, as he stopped his happy dance.

"Ok, fine, one more guess!", I giggled uncontrollably. His reactions were just too funny, sometimes.

He could go from a enthusiastic and hyperactive little kid on a roller coaster, to a moody teenager arguing with his parents.

"You're pregnant?" I jokingly said, with a smirk on my face.

"God, you're worse than me now.", Finn complained as he slowly started losing his patience. "I guess, my humor is rubbing on you now."

My uproarious laughing from my beautifully planned out joke, blocked out his words, as I continued to laugh while hitting my hands on my bed-stand and table.

I tend to hit the nearest things to me when I laugh a lot. I think that might be the reason why my friends always stay on the other half of the room when we're watching a comedy.

"Do you always laugh so hard?", Finn chuckled, beside me. "And, are you always so violent?" He added smugly , as I absentmindedly smacked him in the head, while laughing.

He finally got my attention after a few minutes of having to bear the hideous laughs escape my mouth.

To do this, however, he decided to yell directly into my ear, the one that didn't contain my earbud.

"IT WASN'T EVEN THAT FUNNY!", He screeched at me.

I friskily composed myself together, as I apologized, before clearing my throat.

"Sorry about that."

"It's okay, angel."

"When will you learn that I have a name?", I complained grimly, rubbing my hand soothingly over my arm, which I had accidentally knocked over during my laugh attack.

"When you teach me." he answered back with a wink. "But, seriously, we have to go now."

And, without even my knowing, Finn ushered me out the door and into the lobby hallyway as his hands firmly positioned themselves in the small of my back.

"I can walk myself, you know." I snapped at him after he finally let go of my back. . "I don't need you to drag me."

"But you still need me." Finn sneered. "For other things." And, he mouthed the word "sex", as I smacked him on the head.

His giggling sounded so childishly and sweet, like a little boy telling a dumb joke. And, that was pretty much what he was.

A little boy that told dumb jokes.

So, as I watched the little kid in front of me giggling, I couldn't control the tiny smile that made it's way to my mouth, stopping at my eyes.

"I still don't know where the hell we're going." I said, a little too sharply, as to avoid the smiles that came to me.

To this question, Finn pulled out a srunched up piece of paper with tape on its end, out of his pocket.

I never quite understood pockets, I thought to myself strangely.

Why is that boy's pants have bigger pockets than girl's?

I mean, we girls, have so much to put in our pockets. Lip-gloss, mascara, lip-balm, a tiny compact mirror, extra tissue for blotting our lipstick, extra makeup brushes, extra hair ties, some more facial tissues and let's not forget the million and millions of black bobby pins that we somehow mange to lose everytime.

And, what do boy's need to keep in their pockets.

Nothing, that's what.

Expect maybe a flyer of a nearby carnival opening near the Champ de Mars park.

Well, that was what Finn held out to me from his pocket as he rammed on and on about the cool rides and carnival games and how much fun it would be instead of staying at the hotel watching Netflix.

"...And, it's so close by, we can just walk there and it would so much fun to go together instead of going alone. I don't want to be alone." He echoed again in a attempt to look cute and innocent as he pulled out a puppy face. "Can we go pleaseeee?" He drawled on.

As, I watched his hopeful face, beaming with delight and amusement, waiting for my answer.

I thought how much he looked like a little love sick puppy even without his puppy face.

I resisted, with all my effort to stretch out my hand and pat his head and feel his soft, brown hair.

Instead I simply said, " No." And, I turned around on my head, heading out to find my hotel room in the hundreds of identical rooms, with only the numbers to distinguish between each.

"There's going to be free food." He called out to me from behind.

As the words "free food" travelled to my ears, I immediately stopped in my tracks.

I span around again, turning on the heels of my feel, as I made my back to where Finn stood, smiles and all written clearly across his face.

He knew he won this time.

Anyone with free food wins, and that's a fact.

"So, where did you say it was again?", I asked curiously with a hint of humour in my voice as I stared into his smiling face.

All I got back was a cheeky grin, and this time it wasn't easy to hide my smile.

"I knew you couldn't resist food, angel." He claimed after.

"Just keep walking, Finn." I directed, shaking my head solemnly. "Just keep walking."

But, even as I pushed him to the exit while he kept repeating my 'nickname', knowing it would annoy me to no end and his failed attempts to tickle me from behind.

My smile didn't wash away and the laughter didn't fade away, either.