Chapter 16

Just before launching that rope,I foolishly told myself, what was the worst thing that could happened?

And, now I understand what that worst thing could be.

It could be, that my mom wouldn't let me come with her and the rest of them to the amazing, ,Arc de Triomphe, the place I was most wanting to visit.

And, that's exactly what happened.

All because of that spider prank, beautifully planned out and directed, by yours truly, Finn Jones.

"But, mom, It wasn't even my fault!", I tried convincing her, putting all the blame on Finn, which was in fact, the truth.

He did start it.

But, like every time you ask your parents for money to get those cute heels you discovered at the mall, and no matter how much you beg and plead, you'll destined to get a simple NO.

"Emerald! When I say no, it simply means no! You're 15, you shouldn't be acting like a 3 year old.", my mother scolded me like a 3 year old in front of everyone.

How ironic, I thought.

"If you hadn't done that awful and distributing prank, and to a guest, especially. You would have the privilege to come with us.", She continued to lecture, as she ushered everyone out the door quickly, fixing tops and putting on sunscreen.

Everyone except me, and Finn.

Apparently, Cammy was also peeved with our prank, which was actually Finn's plan, and decided to leave behind Finn as well, as a punishment.

It was more of a punishment for me.

Now, not only, am I not going go go out and take those stunning and enticing pictures of the famous and antique Arc de Triomphe, that I could only dream of taking.

But, now I had to bear the countless, infamous arguments of ours, and his talking of a mile per minute.

"Now, both of you, better behave and remember to call the hotel service for any food or snacks.", My mother, hastily reminded us for about the billionth time, finally having led everyone out the hall, as she began to close the door behind her.

In the hall, we heard the murmured cries of everyone telling mom to hurry up.

And as Cammy snatched my mom's arm, impatient to get out and explore, we could still hear my mother's worried tone telling us to remember to not use the oven and what to do in case of a fire.

It seemed like forever, until the muffled voices cleared out and we were left with a silence

surrounding the room.

Well, not complete silence, as I could still hear the munching of Finn's mouth, as he chewed on jellybeans, one after another.

I glared at him, turning my head around, and saw his usual calm and smiling face, that annoying sound repeatedly coming out of his mouth.

"Want one, my angel?", He offered, letting a smirk spread on his face, as he held out his bag of different colored jellybeans.

"Uh, no thank you.", I muttered at him, crinkling my nose at his chosen nickname for me. "And, I thought 'angel' was only my undercover code-name."

"Yeah, well I liked it, so I kept it.", He chanted in a sing-song voice, as he stuffed a green jellybean, in his mouth. "And, it kind of suits you."

This part was said in a more lower and subtle tone, and I almost wasn't sure if I had heard him correctly.

"Fine, then shouldn't your code-name be devil? It suits you just fine", I remarked smartly, or I thought it was smart until Finn started laughing hysterically.