Chapter 15

"I have been to beaucoup, a lot of different countries dans mon vie." The beautiful French accent mesmerized everyone.

"Germany, tres belle, very beautiful country and of course, Rome, very magnifique, as well."

We all leaned forward in our chairs, one head under our chin as we dreamily stared at the perfection masterpiece in front of us, not daring to let him out of our sight.

All of us, meaning Ruby, Cammy, my mother and even I.

All of us hanging on to every breath that French man, Julien said. He could have been talking about the smell of cow manure, for all we cared. Which was highly unlikable, as he didn't give off that image of someone to talk of such unmannerly things.

Yet, the only thing that kept us watching his every move, was that irresistible and charming face of his, and not to mention, that sexy accent, that gave off such a confident and secure tone to it.

Meanwhile, the guys, all three of them, who sat with us eating breakfast in the chosen cafe, were barely acknowledging the very existence of Julien.

There was my dad, looking yet again, tired and stressed, as he hadn't even touched his food, being too absorbed in the clutter of papers and binders spread before him. Poor dad, I thought again.

Onyx, on the other hand, who sat seated in between dad and mom, didn't waste a moment's time in piling his mouth with the maximum amount of food it could hold.

And, to his advantage, this time, my mother didn't show a single care to his poor behaviour, having been to engrossed in Julien, like the rest of us.

And, somehow, Finn got seated beside me, not deliberately, of course, neither of us would want that. Not after that awkward, and strange time in the car, at least I thought it was.

However, when I stole a quick glance in his direction, just a quick glance, I noted that he was quite annoyed, especially at Julien, as he glared at him, after every bite of his bagel. I couldn't find anything annoying in Julien, he was unbelievably too perfect.

Then, when I thought about it again, I understood what was happening.

He was jealous of him.

Before, Julien arrived at the table, and started eating with us, all focal attention was directed to Finn, as he went on about whatever he was talking about.

Despite, the annoyed looks coming from me, my father and even Cammy, he still talked on and on, not caring whatever anyone was actually paying attention.

And, the truth was, we weren't. It was just the fact that he seemed to be the only one in the talking mood today, so we all were forced to listen to his endless blabber.

That, was when our knight in shining armour came, and saved the day.

Julien.

The second he arrived with Ruby trailing along his arm like a prized trophy, all mouths stopped eating and all heads turned around to meet Ruby's boyfriend. Even, Finn had stopped talking, although he looked majorly angry at his interruption.

Julien also had a talkative personality, leaving, Finn never getting the chance to speak up again.

And, when he did gather up all his courage and manly ego. The few words that escaped his mouth were, "Maybe we should-", before he got cut off by one, hissing at him to let Julien finish his story.

I felt a bit sorry for him right then, not in a pitiful way, but more like in a emphatic way.

Because, I also knew what it was like to be ignored like that, it happen all the time when you were sisters with Ruby.