Chapter 23

The air seemed to get chiller and the wind more harder as the sun set down slowly in the horizon, sending colours of pink, orange and red visible in the sky. And inside, my heart ached for the familiarity of my camera's lens and let the beautiful view appear on my screen forever.

"Have you ever watched the sunrise?" Finn asks me abruptly, as we skip around the mass of people to get to the ferris wheel.

I glance over at me, to see whatever he was serious or joking, because you never know with Finn. But, when I saw the single flicker in his eyes as he stared above the sky, I knew it was really him asking.

"Um, I don't think so. But I have seen lots of sunsets." I say in response, once we neared the ferris wheel. It's spokes and wheel, going around and around, as the wind blew off hats and flying hair.

Just then, Finn interlocks his hand through mine as he hurries us over to the growing line in wait for the ride.

I could sense him asking me another question but my mind and brain, or was it my heart, could only focus on his hand. I had felt cold just seconds ago, but just as his hand made contact to mine, my whole body burned in heat as if I was being cooked under pressure.

I stared at our hands. How perfectly and shaped they fit in each others. I almost didn't want him to let go, but like all good things. He did.

"Emerald!?", I hear his voice calling out to me.

"Sorry, what." I blurt out rapidly, as I come back to reality.

Finn stares at me blankly, "Where did you go? One second, I was asking you a question and the another, you're staring off into space and I kept calling you-"

Luckily, I didn't get the chance to answer, as our turn came in line and we were directed to the ferris wheel.

"Tickets?", The young man at the front asks us, holding out his hand.

Oh shit, Where did I put my ticket? I think as I rummage through my bag at my side.

I go through used up tissue papers, overused gift cards and makeup that I never used. But, right near the bottom, I see the lonely ticket sticking out.

"Here you go.", I say a little too proudly, as I smoothly place the ticket in his hand.

"It's okay, you could have gone slower. After all, we have all day, Angel." Finn's goofy voice comments.

And, that's when I realize that he was already seated at one of the carts along with everyone else.

Oh, that's just great, I think too myself sarcastically.

I put on a sarcastic smile directed to Finn as I seat myself next to him. "Shut up, You d-"

Finn cuts me off as he mocks me in a high pitch voice, " You don't even know me."

"Yeah, I know. Heard that for quite a while now." He continues in his voice, as he winks at me after seeing my exasperated face.

What a stupid jerk; he knows just how to get me angry. And, worst of all, he also knows just how to get me to blush like mad and want his stupid hand to actually touch mine.

I would rather be angry with him then ever fall in love with someone as childish as him.

The twinkling lights light up the wheel and the carts moved forward slowly as the man pulled the crank to start the ride.

"A ceinture de sécurité doit être porté en tout temps, profitez de votre tour." The static, french voice boomed out from the intercom as the ride slowly increased it's speed. He must have said something about seat-belts, because everyone started locking away their seat-belts to their side. I did the same too, having a little difficulty with putting in it,