Chapter 22

"Isn't it just so good.", I moan as I take another bite from my hot dog. And, being the disgusting person I am, a few drops of ketchup spilled over from the overflowing hotdog and landed on my dress.

"Yeah, and it also tastes better when you don't drop it all over you." Finn suggests to me, grinning.

I frown at him, only stopping to wipe the messy red stain from my new dress.

After, some time in the line and another five minutes trying to communicate with the french worker at the stand. We now seated at the huge gazebo with wooden tables lining its area.

Unfortunately for us, it was full with people seated at every one, so after arguing and still not coming with a decision, we sat at one of the mostly empty tables with a elderly couple beside us.

The burning scorching sun that had blinded me for the whole afternoon, was now partly hidden away by the clouds and the mosquitoes were now buzzing around, sucking everyone's blood.

"I'm so done with summer and mosquitoes." I grumble half-heartily, when I spot one standing dangerously close to my drink.

Finn cocks his eyebrow up, before smirking and saying, "I'm so done with you, Angel."

I stared at him, expressionless. "We were never starting anyway." I said

"Starting what?", He asked me amusingly, knowing his question had no answer.

I didn't even bother to answer his dumb question, just settled for giving another one of my glares at him before plopping another fry in my mouth.

God, it was confusing to even have a normal conversation with this boy, I thought to myself angrily.

Then, while I stuffed my mouth with fries and frowned at Finn just as he was oblivion to it as he ate his hot dog in content happiness.

A young boy, looking about the age of 8 or 9 dashed to us in such a frenzy as his poor mother hurriedly tried to catch up with him.

Finn and I stared as the little boy started his rambling, "Oh, man, I'm such a big fan of your magic trick. Can you-"

He was cut off by his mother, "Henry, what did I say about saying 'Can I'"

"Moooom, they don't care." He whined to his mother, rolling his eyes.

His mother hushed him and sent him daggers through her eyes that only a mother could do.

That set the boy straight as he grimly looked down in shame, "Fine. May I please get your autograph, Mr. Magician." He said, emphasizing the 'May I'

Finn and I, had both been quiet, secretly sending messages through our eyes during the whole mother and son exchange.

But now, Finn perked up and a warm, sweet smile took over his face, "Yeah, of course. Where you want me to sign."

"Right here." The little boy, Henry, pointed to his arm as his mother shook her head beside him.

And, so while Finn created some ugly signature on the boy's arm, the mother decided to start up some small talk to me.

"You and your boyfriend were adorable in that little show." She gushed at me.

I opened my mouth in protest, "Well, that's too bad. Because we're actually not together."

I explain to the woman, while Finn stares at me through the corner of his eye.

"Actually we are.", Finn pipes in enthusiastically out of nowhere. "She just doesn't know it yet."

"Just sign the kid's arm." I grit through my teeth, getting frustrated with his embrasaing comments.

Finn shoots me a sarcastic glare before smiling warmly at the woman, showing her some wild signature written all over the poor boy's arm.

"Mom, I love it!", The boy exclaims to his mother when she asks him what he thinks. "I'm never going to wash my arm ever again!"

And, we watch as the boy's mother shakes her head slowly, wagging her finger to the boy, as she drags him to their table in the center.

An silence fills between us as we continue watching the boy being lectured once again by his mother, reminding me of my very own.

And, before I could think throughly, I let the words slip out, "Moms are so annoying sometimes."

As, the thought fully resigeters in my mind, I curse myself quietly, "God, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean that."

I catch Finn slowly settling a sad smile to his face as he looks over to me, mustard smeared at the edge of this mouth. "It's okay, I get it, we all say stupid things from time to time."

"You should know." I smirk at him, trying to lighten the atmosphere. "I mean, I can't even take you seriously with mustard all over your face."

And, then I laugh as he wipes away the mustard only to have it spread even farther down his face.

Finn huffs after a few more tries, "Maybe I like it there."

"What a loser.", I mange to say while laughing and trying to eat my own hotdog.

Before, it would get even worse, I grab a napkin off the table and gently wipe away the messy yellowness from his face, "It's right here." I explain softly to him as my hand indicates to where it is.

Just as I began to pull my hand away, he grabs my wrist. "Thanks." Comes his soft whisper, directly flowing through my ear to my chest.

And, I could feel the millions of thumping elephants racing through my chest as he smiled at me.

"Your welcome." , I finally say and he lets go of my wrist.