Chapter 11

I banged my head for the 5th time that night, as I sat in Finn's ugly, old red pickup truck.Which Finn put in lightly was, his great old granduncle's baby when he lived in Paris. One of his favourite trucks he said. I don't even want to know what his other favourite cars were, but of course Finn did the honours of telling me, like I was genuinely interested.

The floor of the truck leaked of something undetectable and foul, stinking up the whole car in it's place.

There was something resembling some kind of half-eaten sandwich chilling on the car's dashboard. A basketful of crumpled up paper overflowing to the top, causing some balls of paper to fall on the floor, littered the back of the truck.

I caught myself making a disgusted face as I climbed in the car, breathing through my mouth and yet I found the stink overpowering me. If you haven't already clued together by now, I had a very sensitive nose.

"Ah, the sweet smell of a nice romantic night in Paris." Finn said absurdly lacking any seriousness in his easy tone, when he saw how the smell effected me.

I rolled my eyes, and added, "Ya, the sweet smell of sitting in this beautifully, dazzling, fascinating truck, with the love of my life."

Sarcasm rolled off my tongue as easy as maple syrup being poured on pancakes.

Finn only responded by grinning at me with those perfectly aligned white teeth of his. And, continued to work on getting the ugly thing to work.

"You know, this truck of mine has a name." He announced to me,completely ignoring my comment. He probably was still thinking I cared or even wanted to know about the hideous looking vehicle I was on.

His hands gripped the steering wheels so gracefully and lightly. And he barely looked in front of him as he drove along, and still that grin on his face never seemed wipe away. His eyes sparkled with that usual mischief, lighting up his entire face.

It was actually astonishing, really to see someone this excited or happy to be driving someone along at night in a strange city, trying to chase down her sister's boyfriend's car.

I didn't get it. And, Still to this day I never did, maybe I never will.

The way he smiled and appeared to be so cheerful all the time, made it extremely hard to even display sadness around him.

Like his presence was a magical forcefield that trapped you into making you believe that everything was going to all right. That all your worries and problems were suddenly forgotten. Lost in the happiness of this boy, that could be enough for a whole crowd.

I didn't know where he got that chirpy, gleeful attitude of his, but wherever he got it from, I could sure as heck get some too at this moment.

As I got back in reality to the now, I became aware that the entire time I was thinking about this boy's content character. Finn, was ecstatically going into details of his truck, oblivious to whatever or not I was listening to his endless yapper.

"....and then my Uncle Sammy, the one who's married to Aunt Kelly, wanted to buy it too. But, then my cousin, Ben and his twin brother, Jerry...." Finn went on.

To get away from the topic of his beloved truck, I bitterly interrupted his own conversation to himself. Or else I'll had to drown in my own blood at his annoying gibberish.

"So, what were you doing back in the lobby?", I asked without sounding unduly curious.

I expected a greatly detailed and elaborate spoken never-ending essay, as usual. But, I was definitely not prepared for what came next.