Chapter 12

You know those moments when you just really truly, madly and deeply want your mom. I'm not talking about the time when you were a new born baby, and you couldn't possibly clean, feed or dress yourself. Having your mother's care and love was essential at that time, you needed it, in order to be alive.

I'm talking about those rare moments, those days, when all you really want or need is your mother, even when you could easily dress, feed, and clean yourself . It's not that I'm a childish freak or a little kid throwing a tantrum for his mother. In actual reality, I'm only a 15-year old girl, stuck somewhere in a battered up piece of metal with a boy who, unknowingly talks a mile per minute about the most unusual pieces of information.

Both of us,Completely denying the fact that we are in fact, clueless on where we are and what one should do in this situation.

Should we jump off the nearest building and commit suicide before one of us kills the other? Or, would finding a rope and hanging ourselves be much easier?

Right now would be a great time to call my parents and ask them to take me away from this hellhole.

That is, if only we had a phone that worked right now.

The rushed way I toke off the house, resulted in me completely forgetting my phone.

And, the stupid kid, also named Finn isn't much help too, because his phone died the minute he turned it on.

Sometimes you feel the need to have the presence of your own mother, to have her hold you in her arms and tell you everything will be alright. When in truth, nothing is right at the moment. And, this is one of those moments.

"I want my mommy", I half whispered, half-yelled as I interrupted Finn's monologue about a time when he got lost in Walmart. How that was relevant to what was happening, I do not know.

Finn stared at me, "I thought you didn't like your mom."

"Um, I don't remember ever saying that.", I assured him in a dry tone. "I'm pretty sure I like my own mother."

Finn stared back at me, his expression clearly denoting disapproval. "Then, why were you so annoyed with her when she was only concerned about you, after you fell at the steps?"

That question stuck me dumbfounded, unable to construct a reasonable answer. The strange thing was, that he had even noticed how I reacted to my mother's overly protective way of checking my every limb and bone in my body, after that fall. And, it was true, I was somewhat, slightly, a bit annoyed at it. I mean like, it wasn't like I was a small 6-year old kid who couldn't take of herself.

And, now as I ignored the demanding face on Finn, eager to know what my answer would be. I realized just how guilty I felt.

When I hadn't answered, Finn spoke up again, "You know, I would love to have a mother that loved, cared and worried about the littlest things about me." The voice that came out of his mouth was one I had never come to know. It wasn't like his usual charming, cocky way. But, instead now, his voice seemed deeper, mysterious, hopeful and even serious. As serious as this boy could get, that is.

As the new voice of his processed in my mind, I began to apprehend what he had just said. What did he mean by wanting a mother that loved him? Didn't Cammy love him? From what I had seen, it sure looked like she did.

The confused and baffled face I had on now, seemed to register to Finn that I had absolute no idea what he was going on about.

"My mother died when she gave birth to me.", The voice got slower and deeper as Finn explained.