Chapter 7

Some people say that when your dying, in the last few seconds of your life, you see your whole life flashing before your eyes. That was what I thought of, as I felt myself fall back, so I began to flashback my life, from the odd memories I could think of at that second. The time I first climbed a tree and lost my shoe in the thick of the branches, my first day of school, the day I starred in the school play as a fairy, my first crush, the time when Ruby and I had a weird obsession for prank calling. All these days, hours, minutes and seconds reflected before my eyes, reminding me how dull and boring my life had been. I couldn't even do anything important or even meaningful in my 15 years of life, and now I was just going to die like that. Just like that, without even getting to ride a scary roller coaster, go to Rome, have different foods from around the world, learn another language or even get married on the beaches of Mexico.

While I waited and waited for what seemed like hours, for that loud smack, that would eventually kill me, as I would hit the hard, cold, floor, but I never heard it. Maybe my hearing was failing as I was dying? I felt around me and perceived a strong, muscular body surrounding me. I become conscious of my closed eyes, and carefully opened my eyes bit by bit, afraid of wherever I was or what I would find. Maybe I had already died, and was now by the gates of paradise, as God was holding me to be sent up with the angels in heaven.

"God?", I managed to choke out in a entranced, quiet voice.

"Nah, it's just me.", a voice chuckled out loud,which surprisingly sounded a lot like Finn, answered from over my head. I didn't understand why he would be here too, did he die too? Does that mean my wish actually came true!

"OH MY! What happened to her!", a piercing loud voice yelped in my ear. At that sound, my body and mind became aware and alert again as I surveyed what had happened and what was happening now.

Somehow, Finn had caught me when I was falling in the pits of hell, and now here I was, carried in his arms bridal style like I was a wounded damsel in distress. Even though, Finn had caused me so much trouble already and was too irresistibly annoying, in some strange way, I felt gratified that he would do something like that. I also couldn't complain about his strong steady arms holding me up, making me feel awkwardly comfortable and safe.

I hurriedly got up, practically knocking Finn down in the process, but I couldn't care less, as I reconsidered my horrid thoughts, this time in a more sensible and logical way, that I had actually for once in my life, made myself believe that I liked Finn! I quickly swore to myself that I would never do that, not even if I was being held captive and the only way to escape was to admit I have feelings for Finn.

"Are you feeling alright,sweetie?", my overly protective mom asked in a panicked voice not even finishing for me to answer her question, as she felt my head, face and body for any bruises, broken bones or bleeding.

"Mom", I tried saying to interject with my mom's constant blabbing.

"Mom!, it's fine! I'm fine. Ok?", I said a little too harshly, dragging her inspecting hands away from my head, where she claimed had some kind of head injury.

Needless to say, my first trip to the Eiffel Tower was not the most morally excellent memory I had of Paris. Yet, it still could have been worse, and that's exactly what happened. It got worse.