Invasion

Naomi

I knew that something wasn't right but when I felt the genjutsu I knew that we were under attack. I dispersed it and quickly found my team. They were all gone. Shika was preparing to leave with Naruto and I ran over to help. I was kinda surprised when Shika grabbed me and spoke. "Please stay here and help the rest. I want you to stay safe." I blushed but quickly nodded as he left. I jumped to Kakashi and jabbed a ninja about to hit Kakashi with a lightning fist. He arced a eyebrow and I just shrugged. "He wanted me to stay. Besides I think I'll be better suited helping here." I could feel him smirking  which only made me blush. "Shut up and let's get to work." He noded as we jumped to Guy. He was easily fending off two attackers. I did the signs for the avatar of lightning. And with that I jumped into the battle.

I was tired but between me and Kakashi and Guy we had a sizable kill count. I was preparing to head after a few stragglers when I was stopped by Kakashi. "Go and check the safe zone and see if everything is fine. I have a feeling that they may be in trouble." I nodded as I headed to the designated safe zone. When I got their the two chunnin were badly outnumbered by attacking nin. I jumped the attacker from behind and struck fast.

It was brutal, but the invasion was finally over. I had a few cuts and bruises but otherwise I was fine. I got profusely thanks by the two Chunin who were gaurding the civilians. It made me blush a bit. I'm not use to being thanked. We may have won but their were casualties on our side. Including the Homage. I always  liked him and to hear he died was upsetting  to say the least. I didn't shed a tear when my parents died  but I broke out in tears when I heard the old man had died. He gave me a home and a purpose. Without him I'd still be at my thieving  or dead. As for Shika. I was mad when I heard he took on a whole squad of non. By himself. He was really  not thinking. But I did kinda kiss his cheek when he did come back safe. Oh Lord even remembering  that makes me blush like a school girl. They were repairing the damage  from the attack and preparing for the upcoming funerals.  I don't want to go but I know I would regret it so I'm going to put on my funeral dress. Ugh dresses. And attend. It's what the old man would have wanted.