The Brilliant and the Crafty

Naomi

So the matches so far we're interesting. I gave Naruto a hug for beating Neji. Temari and Kankuro surprisingly forfeited. Strange, they don't seem like cowards. What are they planning. Now it was time for my match and Kaka baka showed up just in time. I would be fighting Shikamaru. Why do I have to fight people  I like. Let me fight someone else. We both entered the arena. "Looks like we're next. Good luck Shika!" I saw him blush slightly at my nickname for him. Interesting. Maybe  I should try flirting to distract him. No that would be wrong........and he is kinda cute. I heard him mutter his trademark troublesome. The Procter called the match and we both were ready. Alright time for plan A. I started the battle by jumping and tossing four specialty tags in the corners. With a sign the tags erupted with sparkler flares. They were made to disrupt shadows making it harder for Shikamaru to use his bloodline. I saw him sigh as he got his hands up in a defensive position. "Your going to make this difficult. Troublesome woman." He ducked as several kunai went over his head. I did the release sign and he barely had time to move as the wire trap exploded. In a rare exertion of agility from Shika he quickly unfurls a scroll and with a quick sign he sends out water to douse my torches. Now once again we were at a stalemate waiting for the other to move.
Asuma

I was sitting by Kakashi and his team watching the fight play out. Clever use of simple flares Naomi. Didn't expect Shikamaru to use some of his funinjutsu. But who will make the next move. At this moment Naruto yelled out in protest. "Hey don't just stand their! Do something!" I just chuckled. "They are kid. Their formulating their next move. This is more a game of Shogi then a actual fight." I saw Kakashi nod in agreement. "Shikamaru has never faced someone in combat that he can't out smart. Now he's fighting someone who is hes equal. He can't afford to make a wrong move or it's all over. Same for Naomi." As Naruto went to no doubt ask a question we both hushed him as Naomi made her next move. What she planning?
Naomi

Time to show of my new jutsu. Let's see how Shika likes it when the shadows are against him. "Shadow technique: shadow zone."
Shikamaru

As soon as she said those words a black mist began shrouding the field. What is she planning. I've  never heard of this Jutsu. Must be one of her personal specialty jutsu. Soon I could see nothing but black. "Welcome to the shadow realm Shika. Here the shadows obey no one. You must be unable to see, good this makes it easier." I'm going to have to rely on my other senses. Did she say the shadow realm? I've read about it but never thought I'd be here. "Your not gonna make this easy are you?" I heard her giggle as I prepared for her attack.
Kakashi

Hmm this is new. We could here the occasional clash of steel a fireball from Shikamaru. "She neutralized his bloodline. Now it's a test of skill. And I'm afraid Shikamaru is at a disadvantage. But I doubt she can hold that field jutsu for long. All he has to do is survive." Like Asuma said her field went down and both were revealed panting and bruises. I expected them to continue but was quite surprised when they both raised their hand and asked the Procterto call a draw. I wondered why till I looked at the field. Their was razor wire everywhere. If they moved even the slightest they would be evicerated. Asuma went to laugh as I just chuckled. "They caught each other in the same trap." I expected some boos from the crowd  but everyone began cheering. Now it's time for Sasuke and Gaara to have their match.