Chapter 25

Hi so sorry it took so long. I promise it won't take that long like ever again. But I did update and here it is, enjoy!

~Makeena~

  I looked around at the crowd full of wide eyes and slightly open mouths. I knew my face was probably the same.

  I turned my head to look at Terrence. His eyes were wide and his chin was on the verge of being tickled by the grass.

  I looked at Darren, also known as my dad. I shivered at the thought of actually having a dad.

  Everyone was still in a sort of daze as I opened my mouth to speak.

  "The meeting is over." I said as I looked at both Darren and Terrence one last time before turning towards the house.

  I am not going to run, I am not going run, I am not going to run.

  I sighed heavily as I opened the front door and rushed inside.

  I quickly made it to my room and walked inside leaving the door open.

  I heard the door shut and knew it was Terrence.

  "Why didn't you tell me you were adopted?" I heard him ask, and didn't miss the hint of sadness in his voice.

  I turned around to face him and opened my mouth to speak.

  "I didn't want you to think that even my parents didn't want me." I said shrugging like it was nothing. I narrowed my eyes as the thought of my parents not wanting me entered my train of thoughts.

  But, Darren is here. And he says he's my father, but how do I know that he's not lying?.

  'He knew you were adopted and why would someone lie about being your dad?' my wolf said. She had a point, he did know that I was adopted, and that wasn't something I told a lot of people.

  "I think you should talk to him." Terrence said breaking into my train if thoughts.

  I sighed in defeat, because I knew he was right.

  "Okay." I replied in a whisper. I walked towards the door but Terrence stopped me before I opened the door.

  "Just hear him out, okay?" he said.

  I smiled up at him, " Yea, okay."

  I made my way towards Darren's room, which was on the last floor. I walked down the hallway and took a deep breath as I stopped outside Darren's room.

  I rose a shaky hand to his floor and quickly knocked on it. It was only a few seconds after I had knocked that the door opened.

  "Can I come in?" I asked looking up at Darren. He quickly stood aside to let me walk inside.

  "I know I should have talked to you before I just said it in front of everyone without any warning." Darren said before I had a chance to even open my mouth. 

  "Yea that probably would've been a better idea." I said. He scratched his neck and smiled at me before opening his mouth to begin talking again, but I cut him off.

  "What about my mom?" I asked. Pain settled on his face.

  "She was killed by rogues two months after you were born, that's why you were adopted. The rogues went after you too, I couldn't loose you too." he said. My throat constricted. I wouldn't get the chance to meet my mom.

  "Me and your mother loved you very much, I was always going to find you." he finished. I looked up at him and despite the ne.ws he has just given me I smiled at him.

  I couldn't help but run to him and hug him as tightly as I could, obviously taking him off guard.

  He chuckled before hugging me back.

  I had a dad, a real dad.

____________________________________

Vote, Comment, Become A fan!!♥♡