Brooke's Thoughts: Entry Nine (END)

I went over to Jen's and well...I don't know how to tell you this, but Ashton and I are now together. Okay, so I may have possibly messed everything up because this morning I panicked and ran out of there like a scared chicken. I even flipped him off. Can I get any stupider?! No, I'm not sure I can.

Okay, so to describe what happened, the lights went out, I'm terrified of the dark and Ashton kissed me to distract me. I suppose you can figure out what happened from there. Crap, you're an inanimate object. I'm going crazy I swear.

Okay, well now I have the whole weekend to brood darkly in my room about what a stupid bitch I am. Yay me.

I can't call him either. I'm not big on the whole apologizing thing, or the feelings thing, so I don't even know how Monday is going to go.

I've liked this guy all of two days and now I've screwed everything up. Classic Brooke.

This sucks butt! My sister isn't making things better! She's making me do all my chores and go grocery shopping! What a freaking poohead!

*Sighs*

I don't know if I have a boyfriend or not at this point, but I would really actually like to keep this one for once. I'm not going to lie.

~*~*~*~

I shut my grandma's old diary. She was quite a crazy thing.

Right now I'm cleaning my grandparent's attic for some cash to go to a concert. Then I stumbled across this old diary and got distracted. It's incredibly entertaining.

I took it and got up. I walked back downstairs and looked out at my grandparents who were sitting on the porch swing arguing once again. They argue every day of every month of the year. It's really funny sometimes. It got so bad, they made Tuesdays the official, 'No arguing day.' Today is Wednesday so they're letting out all the anger from yesterday too.

I watched as they both slowly got quiet then my grandpa reached over and took my grandma's hand. They sat there smiling, holding hands.

That's one thing I think is incredible about them. They may argue about everything all the time, but there's no doubt in my mind they love each other to death.

They got married so young, but stayed together for so long it's simply amazing. You don't see something like that often. Real true love. They're not big on emotions and like to get under each other's skins, so they'd never admit to true love because it's too mushy gushy, but I know that's what they have.

I guess being a little sixteen year old girl I'm a bit of a romantic. What can I say?

I smiled and walked outside. They both looked up and smiled.

"How's it going with the Attic Wendy?" My grandma asked.

"Pretty well. I found this though, and I thought you'd like to take a look at it."

She took the diary from my hands and laughed. "I completely forgot about this old thing! Oh my gosh."

She opened it and her and my grandpa began reading.

Her and my grandpa began cracking up.

"'I weep for the girl that one day marries Ashton Patterson!'" My grandpa quoted laughing. "That's great. I've never seen this."

"It's a girl's personal diary, you shouldn't be looking." Grandma said laughing.

"This is almost fifty years old, I believe I can look now." He said laughing.

"Wendy, where'd you find this?" She asked.

"Just in a box up in the attic."

"Thank you sweetie."

"It was a crack up to read."

"Yeah, this was back when I was even more off my rocker."

"You kicked me in the nuts a lot." Grandpa said smiling. "It's amazing we even had kids."

"Shut up you old fart." Grandma said laughing and getting up. She went to her purse and handed me the money I needed for the ticket.

"Thanks Grandma."

"No problem hun. I owe you one for finding this old diary." She chucked and watched Grandpa look through it. I smiled. "Well, Wendy, I really hope you have fun at your concert."

"Grandma, I have a question."

"Shoot."

"You and grandpa have been together for a very long time. How did you guys manage to stay together for so long?"

She chuckled. "That's an excellent question. Your grandfather and I were never the smoothest people alive. Not even with each other. I should tell you some time how he decided to propose to me. That was a disaster." She laughed at the memory. "But the thing is we love each other more than anything. And when things get tough, we don't blame each other or get angry with one another. We sort things out. We listen to each other and we aren't simply married or a couple. We're best friends. He likes everything I like. It was like we were made for each other. Not many people have that, and I feel really bad for them, because it's an incredible feeling. I hope with all my heart that you find a boy that will be what Ashton was for me."

I smiled wider. "That was beautiful."

"Yes, but don't expect me to say that ever again." She winked and walked back outside.

The two of them are simply amazing. I really hope I find someone that will be my other half someday. They're lucky and in love.

**The End. Wasn't that sweet! Even old Ashton and Brooke are funny. =P I really hope you enjoyed my story What Happens When The Lights Go out. It was the most fun i've ever had writing and i've never been so upset for it to end. I love you all for sticking around for so long and hope you enjoyed the whole story as much as i enjoyed writing it. =) Bye! And if you liked this story read my newer one The Tutor. It has some similar qualities. =D**