41.What Happens When The Lights Go Out

41

It was supposed to be a very casual wedding on the beach. All the groomsmen are just wearing black pants with a black jacket that's unbuttoned with a white button up underneath.

The bridesmaids are wearing nice light pink dresses (Theresa's choice not mine). Except Jen was wearing the same dress only it was orange. Seeing as she's my maid of honor.

Ally is wearing a little pink dress that is the same color as the bridesmaids and her hair is down in curls. Jamie is now one of my bridesmaids. We fit her in since her sister is in it and Emily.

I was waiting for when the ceremony was going to start. I was so nervous. It was a happy nervous though. I was excited. I started playing with my necklace, which was the one Ashton got me for my birthday. I don't care if it matches or not, I'm wearing it. Finally my dad came. "Hey hun."

"Hi."

"How are you feeling?"

"Nervous!"

"Don't worry. You look perfect and Ashton is really excited."

"Yeah, just take deep breaths."

"Here."

He took out a flower that matched my bouquet only it was fake and put it in my hair. I touched it lightly. "Thank you."

"I want you to know I do love you."

"I know."

"Are you ready?"

"Yes." I smiled and he smiled back. We finally had our father-daughter moment. You may wonder where my snarky personality went. It went nowhere. But I found it an inappropriate time to be myself pretty much.

I wrapped my arm in my dad's and we got ready to go down the aisle.

Finally Jen went and she was with Ryan of course. Ashton couldn't decide on his best man between his brothers so he settled with Ryan being the best man and them being groomsmen. They found that a valid solution.

Finally we started toward the aisle. Everyone stood up and the music started.

We began down the aisle and I looked up. I could see everyone react to me. They were all smiling the biggest smiles I'd ever seen. Even Janet couldn't help, but crack a small smile. I wonder if that hurt her.

Finally I caught eyes with Ashton. He was so handsome I couldn't believe it. I was overwhelmed with joy by that point. I could see him beaming with excitement as well. He almost looked like he was going to run down the aisle and just take me from my dad, but he controlled himself and stayed put until we got to the altar. My dad passed me to Ashton and the preacher began. I had given Jen my bouquet.

Ashton held my hands and just looked at me smiling. I winked at him and he chuckled. The preacher started ranting randomly that's when I cleared my throat for him to quit and keep the ceremony rolling. I'm not standing here in this heat in this dress for two hours.

We exchanged vows and put on our rings.

Finally the preacher said, "You may kiss the bride." Ashton never hesitated. He took me in his arms, dipped me and kissed me.

Everyone cheered. He pulled me back up and broke the kiss, as much as I didn't want him to. He was smiling so wide. And I realized I was too. I'm married! Ashton is my husband. My heart fluttered at that.

We walked back down the aisle hand in hand to the car that was going to take us to wear the reception was going to be held.

We figured that having the wedding outside was enough. I begged that we go in an air conditioned building for the reception. I was so smart.

We got into the car and the driver started for the reception hall.

Ashton turned to me. "Well Mrs. Patterson, how do you feel?"

"I don't even know! I have so many emotions right now it's indescribable. I mean I'm no linger Brooke Winters! I'm Brooke Patterson!"

"It has a nice ring to it, I think."

"You just like the sound because that means it's official."

"It can't get much more official than this babe." He said laughing. "You're stuck."

"And you know what."

"What?"

"I'm okay with that."

"Good."

He leaned over and kissed me. We are officially husband and wife. I can't get over it. It's so new and weird. But the good kind of weird.

~*~

The reception started and people were talking and eating. Ashton and I were just chatting when Tyler came over with the camera. "So here's the happy couple now!"

"Hi Tyler." I said laughing.

"Hello my new sister in law."

"Tyler you need to give the camera to someone else for a while so you have a chance to get on the tape." I said.

"Nah, I like being behind the camera."

"Okay, whatever."

"So where's the honeymoon going to be?"

"Um...we decided to go on a cruise to Catalina and Ensenada."

"Oh, wow! Fancy!"

"We're excited." I said looking at Ashton.

"Okay, I'm leaving since you two are looking all googly eyed at each other. It's freaking me out."

"Is this our wedding video?"

"Yes."

"Stop saying a bunch of crap. We're going to watch this years from now and wonder who the hell left you with the camera."

"Fine fine. I'm just going to go talk to more of the wedding party. I'm mean it's not like it's all about you two." He said sarcastically. I just rolled my eyes.

We eventually went and cut the cake. I shoved the piece happily into him mouth. I was really looking forward to that. But he did the same to me.

I tossed the bouquet. Ashton went and got my guarder. You would not believe how red I got. Naturally he and his brothers just laughed and made fun of me.

Finally it was time for the first dance.

We got on the dance floor and the song began. Ashton wasn't particularly happy with the song choice, but he didn't care. It was, I hate to admit it, Halo by Beyonce. Hey! I like the song. It's sweet. We practiced for weeks and we did great. Eventually everyone joined in. We didn't care. All that mattered was us. He held me close and I laid my head on his chest.

He loves me, and that's all that matters. Now it's time for life...well...at least after the honeymoon.

**I know it's a dorky song choice! I couldn't think of anything! I swear! I just didn't know what to do there. Anyways i hope you liked their wedding. They are now offcially married. How sweet. I really like this chapter because it's just cool to write about a married couple. I'm excited. Lol Anyways comment and what not. By the way, those of you waiting for a twist to happen, there will be one eventually. But it's going to be a while. Also it's not the average teenage drama crap. I guarentee you won't guess this one.**