10.What Happens When The Lights Go Out

10

I was sitting on my bed after my shower because of volleyball practice, when I got a text. 'Come outside.' It was from Ashton. I sighed and got up. I slipped on a hoodie and my converse and walked out. I figured that I should be warm enough even though I was wearing shorts.

He was parked a couple cars down, probably to avoid my sister seeing. She was still at work so it doesn't matter.

I walked down to where he was leaning on his car. "Hey." I said.

He turned and saw me. "Hi. Do you wanna take a walk?"

"I suppose." I started walking past him and he caught up.

We were silent for a little while until we got to the park. "So are you going to explain or not?" I asked, irritated.

"Yeah. Well this is what happened. At first when I met you, you were the bane of my existence. I couldn't stand you for my life and well... people started to notice."

"You know you're doing a shitty job of explaining yourself." I cut in. I put my hands in my hoodie pockets.

"Would you let me finish?"

"Fine fine."

"Well some of the guys came to me and said that they bet that I couldn't get you to be my girlfriend. I, being a cocky asshole, said I could."

I butt in again, "You just scored some more points with the cocky asshole bit."

"Thanks. And so to continue my story I tried to get you to like me, but I kept screwing it up because it was so much more fun to mess with you, then something weird happened! I actually started to like you! I really had feelings for you. I just came to school one day and saw you trip over a pencil and as I was laughing I noticed how pretty you looked, then I saw you flip me off, but that's beside the point. But then that night at Jen's I figured was perfect, and I didn't expect you to like me too. I thought for sure it would be a work in progress."

I cut in again, "I have to admit. You were an incredible actor with the whole me liking you thing is going to mess everything up."

"Oh you liked that. Yeah I planned that all out, but the point is I really do care for you a lot and I'm really bad about actually showing my feelings, but I hope you understand. I considered all this real."

"But why did you keep up with the bet?"

"Because the bet was completely unfair on my part....and I could use fifty bucks."

"What do you mean unfair on your part?"

"Well if I win, which I did, I get fifty bucks for a game I've been wanting for a while. And if they win, which they didn't, I have to run through the school in tighty whitys."

I stopped walking and just started laughing. "Tighty whitys?!"

"Yeah I know. It was their bet not mine."

"So you would have gotten a war game you really wanted for hooking up with me?"

"Yeah pretty much." He smiled.

"So I'm debating whether or not to punch you. Because I feel as if I shouldn't because you explained everything, yet at the same time I should because you made a bet about me behind my back."

He sighed and turned to the side, "Just get it out of your system." I could see him flex and all I could do was stare for a second. He has nice arms. "Well?"

"Nah. I'm going to wait until you least expect it."

"Fine." We continued walking hand in hand. After a couple minutes he finally broke the silence. "Oh and don't think I didn't notice you staring at my arms." He looked down at me and smirked.

That's when I punched him. He yelped in pain and I simply smiled. "Yeah I was staring, but how can one not." I said walking a bit ahead.

He laughed and caught up with me. He swung his arm around my shoulders and we continued our merry little way through the park.

So there was really nothing to be worried about. Ashton really isn't a bad guy. And I've never liked someone so much.

**Another short chapter, i know. But so far this was one of my favorites to write. I don't know why, but it was so entertaining. So now are all of you feeling better about Ashton? ;P I've had this planned for a while and it worked out well. So i'm still wondering what you think Brooke is going to do about nicole.**