2.What Happens When The Lights Go Out

2

"Okay everyone stay calm. I'll go find a flashlight." Jen said. Ryan went with her.

Okay I may not be afraid of movies, but the dark is a different story. I'm terrified of the dark. I started to panic.

My breathing picked up. "Brooke are you okay?" Ashton asked.

"No." I replied.

"Is the little tough girl really afraid of the dark."

"No I'm not necessarily afraid of the dark, it's more what's in the dark."

"Calm down. It's okay."

"No it's not. I can't see anything. What if someone jumps out and kills me, what if I run into something that impales me, what if someone breaks in, what if a freaking monster comes out of no where! What if-" I was cut off, but someone else.

Ashton kissed me. He kissed me to shut me up. But no the kiss didn't stop at a peck. It went on and on. I could feel his hands tight on my waist and my arms were around his neck. I forgot that I was supposed to be furious with this stupid boy and punch him, so instead I kissed him back whole heartedly.

"Hey I found the flashlight!" We quickly separated just as she turned it on. She suspected nothing....

Her and Ryan sat on the couch smiling. No, not like they knew, they just always smile like idiots.

"Well what do you guys want to do? We can't go home because of the storm so we'll be here for a while." Ryan said.

"Shit." I heard Ashton whisper under his breath. That actually kind of made me sad. I mean I actually liked this guy, even though it doesn't seem like it, and he kissed me, but then just wants to get away. What's up with that?

"I don't care." I said sighing.

"Hey Brooke I thought you're terrified of the dark." Jen said. I was so distracted by the kiss that I forgot. All the fear and panic came back in a rush and I mentally freaked myself out by imagining creatures or people coming out of the dark, just like in the movie. I kind of shrunk back a bit. I pulled my knees up to my chest and sat there like a scared little child.

"Damn it Jen. Why'd you remind her? I just got her mind off of it and now she's back to the beginning." Ashton said unexpectedly.

"Well what'd you do to distract her?"

All of the sudden I felt his lips on mine again and I my body relaxed and I forgot everything. Now my heart rate wasn't rising because I was afraid.....

"Oh my gosh." Jen said. Ashton slowly released me from the kiss. I looked over at Ryan and Jen. They both had wide eyes. I turned back to Ashton and shoved him away from me and got up quickly. I wobbled a little because I was still a little light headed.

"Um...Well I'm going to go change into comfier clothes. If you will please excuse me." I took the flashlight from Jen and made my way upstairs.

I got to my bag and changed into my pajamas, which consisted of a t-shirt and a pair of gray sweats, in kind of a daze. When I was done changing I stayed in Jen's room. I was pacing back and forth.

'What the hell? What the hell?! He kissed me again!' I thought frantically. How could he do that? He's supposed to hate me! Right? Right?!

My thoughts were halted by the sound of the door opening. I frantically shined the light over there to see Ashton. At this point in time I prefer a monster.

"Calm down it's just me." He said coming into the room.

"What do you want?" I snapped.

"Well I was coming to see if you were okay because Jen was worried."