6.What Happens When The Lights Go Out

6

We walked in and went our separate ways. Let the fun begin. I went to find Alyssa, but then I figured out something that would be even better. I decided to find Reena.

I walked over to her. We aren't extremely good friends but we tolerate each other. "Hey Reena!"

"Oh Hi Brooke."

"Did you hear about Alyssa?" I asked.

She immediately looked interested. "No what?"

I knew that Reena liked Peter Waterlyn so I used that. "Hannah found Alyssa and Peter Waterlyn making out." Hannah is just another volleyball player on the team with me. She gasped.

"No! She wouldn't!"

"She did, but don't talk to her about it. You want to get even in a different way."

"Like what?"

"Well I know she's planning on meeting this guy named Tyler at the mall on Saturday."

"Really?"

"Yeah and he's a real player so it shouldn't be that hard to win over his affections." She looked confused so I elaborated. "Find him at the mall before she gets there and make out with him so she can see and she'll get upset. Ka-peesh?"

"Oh! I understand!"

"But you can't say anything about it all week. You have to pretend like nothing happened. Okay?"

"Alright."

"Oh and be at the mall at noon on Saturday."

"Okay."

I walked away to find Alyssa. Part B.

I found her talking to some girl. "Hey Alyssa!" I said.

She doesn't hate me but we're not extremely good friends. "Hi Brooke."

"Can you do me a favor?"

"Um...sure."

"This Saturday Ashton and I are going to the mall and he has a friend and I need to bring someone else with me as sort of a double date thing."

"Why don't you bring Jen?"

"Well her and Ryan are dating."

"Jake and I are together."

"Well this guy is really hot his name is Tyler."

"He's hot?"

"Very!"

"Um...okay. I guess I can go."

"Really?! That's great! I mean you really don't have to if you don't want to."

"No I do."

"Oh and don't tell anyone because what if Jake finds out."

"Oh yeah that'd be bad."

"So be at the mall on Saturday at twelve thirty."

"Okay."

I waved bye and went to find Ashton. He was at my locker. "Hey!" I said. He pulled me into a kiss quickly. I'm never going to get used to that. It's just so random!

"You were saying?" He asked smirking.

My eyes were wide and I was a little woozy. "Well I was going to ask how things went with Jake."

"Good. He's going to be at the mall at twelve forty five."

"Perfect. Tyler has to be there at twelve for us to make everything clear about what's going to happen."

"Alright he'll be there."

"Awesome. So where were we?"

"I think I remember."

He leaned down and kissed me again. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I ran my hands through his hair.

Then the bell rang. Damn bell.

School=boring as hell.

After school I went to volleyball practice then I went to clean off my car. Ashton was waiting out there after football practice. He helped me clean my car off and kissed me goodbye.

~*~

The rest of the week went smoothly. School, afro guy, volleyball, Ashton, mean sister. Day after day.

It was Friday morning and I groggily went downstairs to eat. Monica was sitting there and when she saw me she immediately perked up.

"Brooke I have to talk to you."

"Okay." I said getting some mini donuts (a.k.a cheerios!)

"I'm leaving tonight for the weekend." I stopped getting my mini donuts and looked at her. "I tried to get out of it but I can't. I tried to make it so you could come with me, but thye said no."

"This is for work?"

"Yeah."

"All weekend?"

"Until late Sunday night."

"Wow."

"Yeah so I've set it up that someone will come and check up on you on Saturday."

"What?!"

"Who?"

"A friend. Now please don't do anything bad. And tonight a storm is coming so make sure you have flashlights."

"Fine." I stomped upstairs and got ready for school.

When I got to school I went and said hi to Jen and Ryan and Ashton showed up after a couple minutes.

"It sucks my sister is leaving for the weekend but she's having someone check up on me."

"The whole weekend?!" Jen exclaimed.

"Yeah."

"Wow this is a first."

"I know!"

"Well do you want to hang out?"

"Wait Jen we were going to..." Ryan said, then he looked at us uncomfortably.

"Oh right! Sorry Brooke."

"It's fine."

The bell rang and we all ran off to class.

Naturally school was boring except for fourth period when our teacher was gone for the day and forgot to get a sub so for the whole period we all sat there and talked with no teacher in the room. A couple people ditched.

After school I went to volleyball practice then went home. Took a shower and put on a movie.

I was wearing my sweats and white tank top. I had no other clothes since we haven't washed them for a week. I will tomorrow though. After our fun at the mall.

Right when the main characters in the movie were about to kiss something awful happened.

The. Lights. Went. Out.

And this time I had no one with me....

**Uh oh! Lol next chapter should be fun. ;) Can you guess what's going to happen????**