46.What Happens When The Lights Go Out

46

It's been three more weeks now and it's Saturday night. All of us are sitting in PJ's having a great time. Then Molly, Polly, Martha, and Wendy had to leave. We all said bye and all that was left was us and Adam.

"So Adam, what do you think of Wendy?" I said wiggling my eyebrows.

"Huh?"

"I see you guys flirting on the time! Come on."

"Oh, well she's cool."

"You should ask her out on a date."

"A date?"

"Yeah!"

"I mean, she's cool, but not my type."

"Not your type?"

"No."

"Oh, what a shame. She really likes you."

"Oh. Well what can I say?"

"Nothing. It's your choice. I have to go pee. I'll be right back."

I went to the bathroom and did my business. After I washed my hands I fixed my hair and make up a little, just because.

As I walked out someone grabbed me and started pulling me out of the diner. It was Ashton and he looked crazy!

"Ashton! Let go!" I ripped my wrist from his grip.

"Brooke, we're leaving!"

"Why?!"

"I'll tell you in the car. Please let's just go!"

"No, Tell me what's wrong."

"Brooke, please just this once, don't be yourself and work with me! Don't be stubborn!"

"Ashton!"

"Please!"

He looked serious so I agreed and we got in the car. "Okay, what's going on?"

He turned, looked at me, then practically attacked me. He kissed me roughly on the lips.

Finally when he let go he took a deep breath. "Ashton Thomas Patterson! What's going on?!"

"Well, I was just sitting there talking to Adam. It was fine. But he started moving closer and closer. I didn't think anything of it." I had a feeling I knew where this was going. "Then he kissed me! He kissed me! I have never been kissed by another man before Brooke! And let me tell you that's the last!"

I just stared for a second. Then I burst out laughing. "Why are you laughing?!"

"It's hilarious!"

"No it's not!"

"I'm sorry. I'll stop. But it's just your reaction was so funny."

"Well, how was I supposed to react? A man bigger than me and way more muscular tried to kiss me! That does throw a person off."

"I know. I know."

"I feel so violated. And like my manliness went down a little."

I rubbed his arm reassuringly. "Your manliness is still intact."

"Yeah, but it's just gone down."

I chuckled. "Here." I took his chin and pulled his lips onto mine. "Feel better?"

"A little." He smiled.

"Come on. Let's go home. We can figure this whole Adam thing out later."