26.What Happens When The Lights Go Out

26

"Wooo! Go Ryan!" Jen was embarrassing the crap out of me. We're at the football game cheering for our boyfriends and she's a freaking lunatic.

People were screaming and cheering and getting on my nerves. One thing that really peeved me was the fact the Aiden was sitting two rows up from me. I turned around once and saw him smirk at me. It gave me the chills.

At one point I saw Ashton (who I figured out is number six) look up at me and smile. I waved, then I felt dumb, but the next play he did remarkably well and scored a touchdown.

Finally the game was over, not that I minded watching him play, but I don't completely understand football.

I went down to congratulate Ashton on the win. I had to push through a lot of people so it was taking a while to get down. I looked up and noticed him talking to a girl. I'm not really the jealous type, but this girl was beautiful. She was tall, blonde, and gorgeous. Just walking into a room every girl around her would have their self esteem lowered. She was perfect. And then there was me. Not very tall at all. I'm only like five two, simple dark brown hair, and I currently have a forming zit on my cheek. I mean I know I'm pretty, but when a girl like that is around you question. Especially when she's showing special interest in your boyfriend.

*Ashton's POV*

We won! Ryan scored the winning touchdown!

I was really surprised to see Brooke here, I didn't think she liked football. I noticed Jen screaming like a crazy person, making Brooke uncomfortable and I laughed.

I was getting my stuff after the game when someone tapped me on the shoulder, the minute I saw her I knew I was in deep shit is Brooke came near, and I saw Brooke trying to get out of the crowd. Shit.

"Hey Ashton." Marissa said.

"Hi Marissa what are you doing here?"

"Well you are playing my school tonight."

"Oh yeah I forgot."

"Well you haven't forgotten me have you?" She said touching my arm.

"No how can I?" I said through my teeth.

"Well I have an idea, how about we make a tradition and do what we did last year?" She said biting her bottom lip. Oh shit.

"Um...Marissa I have a girlfriend."

"Oh come on, like that should stop you." She said pouting. "I bet she's not half as good as I am." I had no answer to that. "Wait? Have you and your girlfriend even done it?" I stayed quiet. She laughed. "How long have you been together?!"

"About four months."

"Oh my God. Ashton that must be a record for you." I still had nothing to say. "Well let me fill in the gap that she's not." She said getting closer to me.

I slipped out of her grip. "Thanks but no thanks. I have plans with her tonight, sorry."

"Wow someone is whipped." She said laughing at me. That made me mad for about half a second then I realized, I am whipped, but I don't really care. I don't mind being whipped if it's Brooke.

"Yeah. What can I say? I love her."

"You love her?!"

"Yep."

"And you haven't done it?"

"Nope."

"This should go down in history. I would say I'm impressed, but I actually just feel sorry for you. What a bitch for holding out."