16.What Happens When The Lights Go Out

16

I quickly got on the phone with Ashton. "Hey."

"Hey. When do you ever call me? This must be something important."

"Yeah well I guess my sister is auctioning me off."

"Excuse me?"

"Yeah her work is having a fundraiser."

"But you're seventeen. Don't you have to be eighteen to do that?"

"Yes, I thought about that too, but I guess there have been so many teenagers in the past that they have a separate auction."

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah."

"And you agreed to this?"

"Not exactly. I only agreed if you go."

"Do I have to?"

"Only if you want."

"What do I have to wear?"

"Black slacks and a white shirt. A tie is optional."

He sighed. "Alright. What time?"

"Tomorrow, be at my house at ten."

"In the morning?!"

"Yes the morning!"

"Fine!"

"Good."

"Wait what if someone bids on you?"

"They I have to hang out with them for a day."

"What?! No I do not agree to this."

"Ashton. It's for a good cause."

"I don't want another boy all over for a whole day."

"I'll inform them I have a boyfriend."

"That won't work!"

"Calm down and be here at ten tomorrow." I hung up and fell asleep. I was exhausted.

~*~

I woke up to my sister poking me. "Get up and put this on." She handed a dress to me. It was gray, strapless and went to my mid thigh. Wow. Not exactly my style but it works.

I slipped it on and fixed my hair and makeup. I curled my hair and put gray and bright blue eye shadow.

I heard a doorbell when I was done. Ashton's here. I went and answered it. I just stared. He was wearing black pants (like I said) white shirt (like I said) and a yellow bow tie with blue dots (technically I did say he could wear a tie, I never specified what type).

"So are we going to go?" He asked like nothing was wrong with his outfit.

"What are you wearing?"

"What you said I should wear." He said shrugging. I could tell there was a smile pulling at his lips.

"Ashton."

"What?"

Just then my sister came up. "Whoa! Nice tie." She said chuckling. "Come on you two."

I sighed and we got in the car and drove to the auction.

There were tons of people there. I hate big crowds. I held Ashton's hand tightly. Even though he's wherein that goofy tie he still looks hot and I can see some girls staring. Jealousy started to boil in me. I made sure not to show it though.

Finally a guy got up and told everyone to take their seats other than the girls that will be in the auction. I was hurried to a place behind the crappy stage. There were other girls there too that were my age then some older ones.

"Okay first we are going to do the teenagers!" Everyone clapped and some guys were wooting in the back.

"First up is Molly Gren."

A girl in a blue dress with dark hair went onto the stage. She was pretty. The guy auctioned her off at four hundred. Teen auctions are always cheaper because we don't have enough money. The guy who bought her was pretty cute. Blond, well groomed. Wore a normal tie unlike my boyfriend. Molly looked pretty happy to go with him.

There were about five other girls before me. I was sitting in a plush chair when I heard my name. "Brookelyn Winters." I winced at my name, but got up and walked out on stage. I looked out and saw a lot of guys. "Let's start the bidding on this lovely young lady at one hundred. A hand rose. "One twenty five?" Another raised. Bit by bit the price climbed.

It reached five hundred when there were just two hands going back and forth. I looked and saw that it was Ashton and another boy with black short hair. Ashton was looking at him with a scowl. They kept battling for me. I don't even know where Ashton got the money.

Finally Ashton yelled, "What is your problem?!"

"Hey I want this girl too." I could feel myself blush.

"She's mine." Ashton said.

They were both glaring as the price rose. Finally I heard Ashton swear. "Shit! I don't have enough!" The other boy raised his hand and smirked. He won me.

"Brookelyn goes to the young man in the back for one thousand." One thousand?!! Holy crap!

I stepped down with the help of the black haired boy. I could see Ashton seething over in the corner.

"Hello I'm Jamison."

"Nice to meet you." I shook his hand. The deal is I have to spend a whole day with him. The only day is next Saturday so that's when I have to go. You know I wonder to myself what he thinks is going to happen? Does he even know what he's gotten himself into? Because I mean there's only one boy that can handle me and he lost.

**Sorry shorter chapter. lol So what do you think Jamison has gotten himself into? Do you think he will be able to handle brooke? How do you think Ashton is going to handle it? What do you think of his bow tie? Do you think this story is at all cliched? Do you like cake? So many questions! lol hope you liked this chapter. =)**