1.What Happens When The Lights Go Out

1

"I hate you, you selfish pig! You can go die for all I care!"

"Yeah well you aren't to high on my list either, you lazy bitch!"

"Gah! You are a self centered, lying, manipulative, man-slut!"

"Hah! That hardy matches you, you selfish, spoiled rotten, skank!"

I shot daggers at him. "Go to hell Ashton." I stomped away. This is the third time this week we've fought until we were screaming. This time it was because tried to grab my boob just because he likes to make me angry, and to show off in front of his stupid friends, so I slapped him and then he said some things then I said some things and it all just blew up. I can't remember what the other fights were about, I think we just like to yell at each other at this point. The only reason we are ever around each other is because his best friend is head over heels in love with my best friend and she finally said yes to him and they've been dating for a month. I can't believe they're together and I've made it clear that I don't approve, but she insists on dating that friend of the biggest asshole in the world.

I went into the bathroom to calm down, he always gets me so worked up and I feel like punching something or someone.

I stomped around the bathroom for a little bit. Thankfully it's lunchtime so I don't have to be back in class for a half an hour. I splashed some water on my face smearing my make up. I decided I didn't want to wear any of that crap anyways so I just washed it all off. I looked in the mirror and it was fine. I don't care what people see right now because I'm so pissed at myself. The reason is the simple fact that I like Ashton. I don't know how or why, but I came to that conclusion last night. I hate him, but the more we fight and the more pissed off he makes me the more I like him. It's ridiculous!

I sighed and I heard the door open. "Brooke? Are you okay?" It was my best friend Jenifer, the traitor.

"I'm fine." I snapped.

"I saw that whole thing with you and Ashton. This is the second time this week."

"Third."

"Are you serious?!"

"Yeah."

"Well you guys really need help. This isn't normal."

"We hate each other. What's so not normal about that?" She wants to be a therapist when she grows up, so she always does these analysis things and it annoys me to no end.

"It's how much you hate each other. It's like you go out of your way to make each other mad! And you didn't even know each other until Ryan and I started dating."

"He just makes me so angry!"

"But I'm also starting to suspect something else, because yes there is a length that people go to when they hate someone, but you two exceeded it long ago. I'm starting to think it's just a cover up."

"A cover up of what?"

"That you both have feelings for each other." My heart rate sped up a little bit. She can't know because she'll tell Ryan who will tell Ashton who will torture me about it until the day I die or kill myself.

"Hell no! I would never like that man whore. He like sleeps with any girl he meets."

"Except you."

"Well yeah he hates me."

"No I think he likes you enough that he respects you."

"He doesn't respect me! Did you hear what he was saying?!"