Chapter Forty Three

THIS CHAPTER does not FOLLOW THE TIMELINE OF CHAPTERS 1-25!
READ NO FURTHER!
_______________________________________________

Anari stood next to Tyrion, nervous for what was to come. While it would be a relief to see Jon, to be in his presence would be enough to sooth her. She did worry about his reaction, about how much he had changed. She knew little of his story, she knew that he was a Night's Watch recruit, then made Lord Commander, brought the Wildings South of the wall, and won the Battle of the Bastards, thus making him King in the North.

Anari didn't know exactly what he had seen, and what effect it had on him. Her only hope was that he didn't change too much, or somehow became jaded and blind to what he had been able to see before. Anari liked to think her experiences made her smarter, but she'll have to see.

Though, it was a little scary to think that she would be meeting Daenerys as well. Though she hadn't heard much, from what she could tell, Daenerys seemed like a good person. Considering Tyrion also approved of her? Had told her a little of what Daenerys had done in Essos was enough to convince Anari to give her a genuine chance.

Of course, while Anari understood that this may be her home, as Dragonstone was the home of the Targaryens, Anari would not stand back should Daenerys challenge her. Too long had Anari held her tongue during her stay in King's Landing, so afraid of what would happen if she didn't.

But, Anari wasn't afraid anymore. She had power of her own; she had been through so much herself. Anari had been silent, had bared her pain on her own for long enough. Should anyone push her, or challenge her, Anari would no longer be quiet.

Anari would fight back because a wolf had claws and teeth of their own.

Though, that was not to say Anari was foolish to think that Daenerys would openly insult her or challenge her. "Set," Anari instructed Shadow when she noticed the wolf was still standing. Tyrion watched in amazement that the large wolf listened.

"You trained him?" He questioned.

"Her name is Shadow, and yes." Anari smiled. "I raised her when she was a pup. I had Lord Varys send her away so that she wouldn't become another target." Tyrion nodded in understanding. Though, before they could speak any further, they heard voices.

They had returned, which meant... Jon. Anari took a deep breath, reigning in her courage and her emotions. Seeing her reaction, Tyrion squeezed her hand to hopefully sooth her. Anari offered a nervous smile as Tyrion offered a reassuring one.

Soon enough the voices and footsteps came closer and they came through one of the side doors. "It is good to see you well, Your Grace," Tyrion said once he saw Daenerys. "I take it the mission was a success?"

"Indeed, but at a cost," Daenerys replied, removing her gloves. Her heart ached for Viserion, it hurt that one of her children had perished to the Night King. However, their mission was a success, and that was what mattered. When Daenerys stopped walking, she finally took note of the figure standing next to Tyrion. She was a strikingly beautiful woman, standing proudly and clad in black, though her cloak was grey. Her hair was a dark red, and her eyes were a stormy grey.

In all honesty, they were a little difficult for Daenerys to meet as they held so many different emotions. Not only that, but the woman didn't seem to shy away even a little at Daenerys' obvious staring. Tyrion glanced between the two, wondering what was being said through their eyes.

It was in that moment; Daenerys looked away and took notice of their entwined hands.

"Who is this?" She asked, finally finding her voice, looking away from the woman and back to Tyrion. However, just before he could answer, Jon, Davos, and the Hound entered. Davos and Jon were talking, though when Jon saw the woman, he froze.