Chapter Twenty Four

Once back in the safety of her chambers, Anari noticed that Tyrion was no longer there. Not thinking too much about it, she decided she was done socializing for the day. She didn't feel the need to see or speak to anyone in the court; especially not Joffrey, Cersei, or Tywin. So, Anari sent for food to be brought directly to her chambers.

Just in case Tyrion shared her sentiments, she ensured enough food was brought for both of them. Since her talk with Tyrion, Anari had been trying her best to eat more food. Her grief had taken away her appetite, but in order to be in the best health, Anari needed to gain whatever weight she had been beginning to lose.

Not only that, but Anari found herself wanting to make Tyrion happy. The food arrived before Tyrion did, so when he finally entered their chambers, he paused. "Planning on skipping out on dinner, are we?" He questioned with a teasing smirk.

"Only to avoid your sister and Joffrey," Anari smirked back. "You're welcome to join me; I made sure they brought plenty of food. After all, it would give people more to gossip about."

"I like the way you think," Tyrion smiled. "I believe I'm entitled to have dinner alone with my wife whenever I wish too. They can't really condemn us for that." With that, Tyrion fully entered the room and sat with her. They dined on venison with potatoes and vegetables.

Of course, wine was their drink of choice as they ate and spoke. For dessert, Anari had cheery tarts brought. Tyrion was pleased to see that Anari was eating again and that she seemed to be in much better spirits. "How was your day?" Tyrion questioned after he took a sip of wine. "I didn't get the chance to see you much today."

"As good as could be, given that I was summoned by your father and ran into your sister in the halls."

Tyrion glanced up at that. "You spoke to Cersei?"

"Unfortunately," Anari sighed.

"What did she want?"

"I don't even know," Anari scoffed. "She made me walk with her and proceeded to describe how my family was killed, trying to pass off such behavior by offering her condolences." Tyrion frowned, irritated that his sister was purposefully trying to hurt Anari just for the sake of doing so.

Not for the first time; Tyrion wondered why Cersei seemed to hate Anari so much. As far as he knew, Anari had never done anything to her. Then again, Cersei was a hateful woman, and she was quite prone to jealousy. So, perhaps Cersei didn't like Anari simply because she wasn't intimidated by her.

"Don't worry," Anari said once she saw his expression shift. "She didn't bother me too much. In fact, I believe she was the one who left the most upset by the end of our conversation." She smirked.

"Oh," Tyrion questioned as he raised an eyebrow. "Do tell how you managed to anger her."

"Well, to start, I refused to give her the desired reactions. I also mentioned that we got along well as well as the fact that I've been getting closer to Jaime."

"That'd do it," Tyrion smirked. He was proud that she had been able to handle Cersei on her own. Knowing his sister, no doubt Cersei was extremely bothered by the news of Anari befriending Jaime. "I doubt she appreciated that."

"I don't think she did either," Anari laughed.

"Speaking of Jaime, how are your lessons?" Tyrion questioned. Anari told Tyrion all about how she was progressing very well. While she had yet to disarm either of them, Anari had gotten close with Jaime. However, Anari didn't count that as a victory, as Jaime was still learning to fight with his left hand anyway.

After filling him in on what she had been up to, Anari questioned Tyrion about his day. He relayed his frustration with Littlefinger and how he had been an idiot for borrowing so much money. Anari offered some advice, hoping to ease some of his stress.