Chapter Thirty Eight

THIS CHAPTER does not FOLLOW THE TIMELINE OF CHAPTERS 1-25!
READ NO FURTHER!
_______________________________________________

During the first night that Anari was there, she was told to sit up with Sansa as every sat together. All of the houses and their leaders were there, so Sansa stood to address them all. They quieted down their chatter to look at her. "I've invited you all here because I would like you all to help me in welcoming back a very important person."

Anari smiled as she looked down at the table. Anari had argued against making such a fuss over her return, but Sansa insisted that the North needed to know that more Starks were alive and in Winterfell. With that, Anari did agree too.

"My sister Anari Stark has returned to us." Sansa said, causing everyone to murmer amongst themselves. "She was thought to be dead, having gotten wounded when she tried to protect me. She has protected me for a long time, having looked after me during our time in King's Landing, and now she has come home."

Anari stood up with her sister, smiling at everyone there. "I am glad to have returned." She said. "When I learned that the Boltons were defeated and the rightful rulers of the North had returned, I knew I had to come home. I am a Stark, I am loyal to my house and I am loyal to the North."

The entire crowd in the room slammed on the table in agreement, all of them happy to learn that another Stark had come home. After that, things settled down again. Anari reunited with Lord Royce, both happy to see one another. "My Lord." Anari greeted.

"My Lady," he bowed back. "When news of your death had arrived at the Vale, we mourned for you. So, to see you here now is a true delight." He said.

"I am glad to be here," Anari replied. "How is Lord Arryn?" She asked. Anari did wonder how Robin was fairing, having lost his aunt and father. Though, now he has the misfortune of having Lord Baelish whispering in his ear. It was clear he had an influence on her cousin, which was both a good and bad thing.

"Lord Arryn fairs well," Lord Royce replied. "He was saddened to hear of your death, but I'm sure he will be glad to hear you are well." Anari was glad to know that there wasn't any hard feelings since she had slapped him. She felt so many mixed emotions at the time, while that didn't excuse what she did, Anari was glad Robin seemed to forgive her.

Anari and Lord Royce didn't talk for much longer, as there wasn't much to say. Many people wished to speak with Anari, to express how happy they were that she was alive and well and back home again. It was a bit overwhelming, so she was glad to have a moment. Though, once she saw her, Anari made her way over to her.

Anari felt it was time to properly meet Brienne. Seeing Anari approach, Brienne couldn't help but smile. "My Lady." Brienne said as she bowed.

"Lady Brienne." Anari replied. "Thank you for what you have done for Sansa, I heard of your rescue in the woods." Brienne smiled a little as she glanced down.

"I was fulfilling my oath to your mother."

"And for that I thank you." Anari replied. "Thank you for looking out for my sister when I couldn't."

Brienne smiled wider as she nodded. "I am sure that if you were here you would have protected her. I'm also sure that Lady Sansa knows that as well." Anari merely smiled softly in return. The two left each other, Podrick smiling at Brienne. "You've fulfilled your oath, all of the Stark girls are back home and safe."

As Anari began to walk away, she stopped when she heard him speak. Turning, her eyes widened when she saw him. "Podrick?" Anari asked. Podrick smiled at her when he heard her say his name. "Podrick!" She said as a smile made it's way across her face.