Chapter Thirty Seven

THIS CHAPTER does not FOLLOW THE TIMELINE OF CHAPTERS 1-25!
READ NO FURTHER!
_______________________________________________

It took a little longer than expected to get to Dragonstone, but Jon and Davos were finally on a ship from White Harbor to get to the island. While Jon knew this was something he had to do, he was a little nervous. The last time someone with Stark blood went to answer the call of a Targeryen, they ended up dying.

And now, he was set to meet the daughter of the man who did that. But what choice did Jon really have? They needed the numbers, needed help and Jon knew that Cersei wouldn't provide it. Davos walked up to Jon after a moment. "So, this Tyrion Lannister, he married your sister?"

"That's what Sansa said." Jon agreed. 

"Do you know him well?" Davos knew that Tyrion was behind the Wild Fire during the Battle of the Black Water, but he figured that it could be put behind them. That battle was over, while he had lost his son, he was doing something more important now.

"I traveled with him to the Wall," Jon replied. "I know that Lady Catelyn had arrested him, but that's really it."

"Well," Davos said as he tried to think of what else they could do. "Maybe you could use the little of the relationship you have with him to appeal to this Daenerys. Or use his marriage to your sister."

Jon looked down at his boots for a moment before turning to face Davos. "My sister is dead," he said quietly. "His wife is dead, and he probably doesn't even know. I doubt that when I tell him he'll feel inclined to talk or listen. According to Sansa, their marriage was actually alright. Maybe there's a chance, but I don't know how willing he'll be once I tell him what happened to her."

Davos was quiet, it was clear that his sister's death weighed on him. "Where you close to her?"

Jon smiled, unable to help it as he thought of Anari. "Very," he nodded. "Ever since we were little, she was the nicest to me. She was also a real pain at times when she wanted something." He remembered every moment he shared with her.

While the other Stark children did their duties and saw to whatever their own plans were, Anari always sought him out. Even when they were both children. Anari would tell Jon her secrets, of her desires of being more than a lady. At first, the others didn't treat him quite the same, they thought of themselves as different.

Robb thought he was better, being the first true born son. But then as he got older, he did treat him as more of an equal. Anari was more so curious as apposed to thinking she was better. Sansa didn't like him, she never said anything as to why, but she just didn't. Arya was more like Anari, as was Bran and Rickon.

When he questioned himself, Anari never thought less of him. Not once. She'd fight for him, and she'd defend him whenever someone tried to ruin their relationship. "No matter how many times someone reminded me and her that I was a bastard and not her full brother, she replied with 'and why should that matter? He's still blood'."

Anari was a special young woman, and Jon loved her. It was clear in his voice and on his face. That was why it hurt so much to know that she was dead. He should have been there to protect her, to have been there to help her. Been there to save her like she did him.

Davos couldn't help the frown on his face. He had heard men talk of their family, especially their siblings, had heard how much they had hated them or despised them. How stupid or idiotic they were. But hearing Jon speak of his sister, hearing the clear love and hurt in his voice...

It was clear Jon wished he was there for her. That he mourned for her. "She sounds like she was quite the lady." He said at last. 

"She was." Jon agreed. "And now I have to tell her husband that she's gone." Davos sighed as he nodded.