Chapter Thirty Three

In the morn, Anari was quick to find Sansa before the pair broke their fast with one another. It also provided them with a moment alone; allowing them to ensure both knew what the plan was. It wasn't a plan Anari wanted to do, but it was the only thing she could think of.

The mere thought repulsed her, but she knew it was the only way. Before the sisters joined the court to watch Robin spar for the first time, Anari sought out Lord Baelish. He wasn't too hard to track down, at least. Offering the man a coy smile from where she stood, Lord Baelish excused himself from the people he had been speaking with.

"My Lady," he greeted. Gently he took her hand and kissed it. While her stomach churned uncomfortably, Anari smiled. "I trust you slept well."

"I did, thank you," Anari replied. "I wished to thank you, for taking me and my sister here. I trust we will be safe."

"Of that, you have my word," Lord Baelish replied as he offered her his arm. Anari took it and the pair began to walk together. "We won't be staying here long, though."

"No?" Anari questioned. "Why not?"

"It's best you stay moving," Lord Baelish said lowly. "The more active you are, the less likely it is that the Queen will find you." Anari nodded in return, squeezing his arm with hers.

"I cannot thank you enough for how much planning has gone into looking after us," she said. "It means a great deal how far you're willing to go to ensure our safety." Flattery was not something Lord Baelish had expected from her.

In truth, he wasn't sure as to what little game she was playing with him, however, he couldn't resist the temptation to play. "You will be surprised to learn the lengths I am willing to go to protect those I care for." Lord Baelish replied.

Anari glanced at him, a questioning look in her eyes. "And do you care for us, Lord Baelish?" She questioned. The halls were quiet; they were the only ones there as Lord Baelish stopped walking. Turning to face her head-on, Lord Baelish looked into her eyes.

"You have no idea how much I have come to care for you," he said. Reaching up, he cupped the side of her face. Instead of the look he received when he had done such a motion in the Eyrie, it seemed Anari leaned into his touch as she looked at him. "I would go to great lengths to ensure your safety."

"All I want is for me and my sister to be safe," Anari nearly whispered. "I'm afraid, and I don't want to be anymore. I want to trust you, but I don't know how." In the light, her eyes looked so wide and blue. Her face was so innocent, and her words so sweet.

When she had become so tempting, Lord Baelish didn't know. While his resolve was strong, he found himself almost growing weak. "I will never betray you," he promised. "You have my word, Anari. Trust in me, I will keep you safe."

In lieu of words, Anari merely nodded in return. She let out a soft sigh as she did so, her breath shaky. Anari played up her reaction so as to better fool him into believing her. Unable to resist any longer, Lord Baelish leaned down and placed a small kiss to her lips.

Anari didn't react, as she had expected the reaction. She did not return the kiss, nor did she pull away. However, she closed her eyes the moment their lips met, fighting down the roiling in her stomach under his touch. When he pulled away, Anari opened her eyes and slowly stepped away.

"I trust you, Petyr," she whispered. Without another word, Anari walked away from him. Her words were a lie, and yet they felt oddly natural to say. Once she was sure she was out of sight, Anari scrubbed at her lips with the edge of her sleeve, clenching her jaw as she decided to distract herself.

She was disgusted, not only in how easy it was to manipulate him using herself as bait, but that she was even doing this at all. In the library of Lord Royce's hall, Anari's eyes scanned the books. None of them caught her attention until she found one with a blank spine.