Chapter Forty Two

THIS CHAPTER does not FOLLOW THE TIMELINE OF CHAPTERS 1-25!
READ NO FURTHER!
_______________________________________________

While it was not something Anari had expected, she was actually quite glad to see a familiar face when she arrived at such a new location. Anari had never been this far away from home. Never been this far south. "I see that you have made friends." Lord Varys noted, glancing at the wolves, seeing the familiar direwolf standing next to her.

"Thanks to you," Anari smiled. Had she not trusted him the way she did, Anari probably wouldn't be here.

"Come," he smiled. "I'm sure you would like to be inside," Varys said, gesturing for her to follow him. The wolves followed close behind Anari, taking note of what must be Dothraki guards that walked in front of Varys. "I must say, it is a pleasure to see you, my lady. I was saddened when I learned of your death."

"It seems as though everyone knows of my near death," Anari said as they began walking up steps.

"Of course," Varys replied. "People knew of what you did in King's Landing, why would news of your death be any different?"

"I suppose that is true." Anari nodded. They walked up the steps in relatively comfortable silence before Anari built up the courage to ask the question that has been weighing on her since she began her journey. "How is he taking it?" She asked him.

"Of whom do you speak?" Varys asked in return, though he already had an idea as to who she was talking about.

"Tyrion," Anari replied. "And Jon."

"Lord Tyrion..." Varys trailed off. "He's not taking it as well as he is trying to portray." He replied. "As for Lord Snow, I don't know him very well. But I don't think he has been taking it well either. If I am correct, it was Lord Snow who informed Tyrion about your demise."

"I see," Anari replied, feeling her heart drop. She didn't want them to feel such sadness and despair. That was never Anari's intent, but, in truth, Anari didn't give herself enough credit. She happened to leave a very strong impression on everyone she met.

In being as kind and open-minded as she was, Anari allowed herself to meet new people and experience new things. Like the situation with the Hound. Anari had probably the first person to ever actually try and hold a genuine conversation with him and not be afraid.

It just went to show that if one gives kindness, fairness, and politeness, they shall receive a little in return. Though, with that being said, Anari also left an impression with her passion and ambition. Her goal since Illyn Payne took her father's head was to protect Sansa, and Anari had proved exactly what lengths she was willing to go to do it.

"I hope I can help, then." She said softly.

"I believe you will." Varys nodded with a small smile. As they walked, Anari noted that she didn't see any dragons flying around. Though perhaps they just didn't feel like flying right now. Soon enough, they arrived at the castle. Varys lead Anari and her wolves to the throne room where he told her to wait.

"Set," Anari said to her wolves. They all obeyed, sitting and waiting for another order. Anari looked around the room as she waited, noting how simple and plain it was. Though, looking at the throne, Anari realized that what she saw in the flames had truly shown her Dragonstone.

The beach Anari landed on had been vaguely familiar to her. Something really wanted Anari there, and her only hope was that she wouldn't be turned away. Her heart beat rapidly in her chest as her stomach twisted in knots. She was nervous, she was so nervous. All she ever wanted was to see her family again, and now that she was here, Anari felt as if she was going to burst.