Chapter Thirty Six

THIS CHAPTER does not FOLLOW THE TIMELINE OF CHAPTERS 1-25!
READ NO FURTHER!
_______________________________________________

Her original plan was to go to King's Landing. She had what she needed, she had the faces, she had the skills, she knew the layout... But then she met Hot Pie again at the Inn at the Crossroads. Jon and Sansa had won back Winterfell from the Boltons.

It made her think, what was more important to her? Going to King's Landing where she could finally get the revenge and justice for her family. Or go see those who remained of her family. The people she loved and cared for. She would like to see Jon again, and while she and Sansa didn't always get along, she did miss her sister.

So, Arya turned her horse and road off to Winterfell. She felt a longing she hadn't felt in a long time when she saw it in the distance. She was going home, finally, she was home. Though, she chose to walk the rest of the way once she got close enough.

When she did, she saw two guards standing in front of the gates. "Hey, oh," one of the said, he had a beard and was a bit shorter. "Where are you going?"

"In there. I live here." Arya replied, a little annoyed she was being stopped.

"Fuck off." The bearded one scoffed. She narrowed her eyes in return as she regarded them both carefully.

"I'm Arya Stark. This is my home." She stated, however, the guards merely glanced at one another before laughing.

"Arya Stark is dead."

While she could understand people thinking that, it didn't mean it didn't irritate her. "Send for Maester Luwin or Ser Rodrick. They'll tell you who I am."

"There's no Rodrick here." The second, more taller one, said.

"Maester's name is Wolkan." Arya shouldn't be surprised that Maeter Luwin and Ser Rodrick weren't there, they were most likely dead. However, it did sting just a little to know that the people she grew up with were gone too.

"Go ask Jon Snow then, the King in the North. He's my brother" Even if he was just her half brother, Arya would always consider him her family, just like Anari did.

"He's a thousand miles away."

"It's cold. We're busy. So, you know, best fuck off."

"Mm-hmm."

"If Jon Snow is gone who is in charge of Winterfell?" Arya questioned, growing tired of the way they were treating her.

"The Lady of Winterfell," The tall one said, Arya merely raised an eyebrow. "Lady Stark."

"Which Lady Stark?" Arya asked. "There are three."

"One," The bearded one corrected. "If you're really Arya Stark, then you'd know that the oldest one's dead." Hearing that made Arya pause. Anari was dead? No, no... she couldn't be, Anari was the strongest of them all, really. She couldn't be dead.

However, Arya wasn't going to give these guards the satisfaction of seeing her upset. "Tell Sansa her sister is home."

"Lady Sansa is too busy to waste her breath on you, just like us. So for the last time, fuck off." The bearded one tried to grab her, but quick as a snake, Arya dodged his attempt, much to his surprise.

Arya fixed them with a stern glare. "I'm getting into this castle one way or another. If I'm not who I say I am, I won't last long. But if I am, and Sansa finds out that you turned me away..." She trailed off, leaving the threat open.

The guards looked uneasy as they glanced at one another. They hated to admit it, but she was right. So, instead of getting in trouble for turning her away, they brought Arya inside, pointing to a cart. "You sit there. Right there. Don't move."