Chapter 26

''Why are you attacking her?'' Joe shouted at the dark haired man who he referred to as Derek. He stood up from the ground where everything was trashed.

''Because she was going to tell on us!''

''No I wasn't. And you owe me some explanations Joe..'' Selena said staring at them both.

''See, do I look like a werewolf to you?'' Logan half shouted. Selena only looked down feeling ashamed of what she thought of him.

''I'm sorry, alright? It just looked like it, that's all.''

Logan rolled his eyes at her and folded his arms. He was clearly angry with her, and after all that had happened, he had the right to be.

''What about that bruise, where did you get it?'' she suddenly asked. He looked at it and back at her.

''Ask your fiance.'' She raised her eyebrow, confused.

''He and his vampire friends attacked me, wanting me to stay away from you. I was doing a great job at that until you showed up here.''

''Logan, I'm so sorry..'' He wouldn't look at her and only ignored her.

''Are you finished yet with your dramatic reunion?'' Derek suddenly said.

''What are you werewolfs doing at my at my house anyway?'' Logan asked them.

''I saw her, so I followed here here..''

''Why?'' Logan asked.

''So it was you Joe, the werewolf at the party?'' asked Selena as she tried to remember the wolf.

''No, it was Derek. He knew of this Klaus at your vampire engagement party so he made a move..like he always does, stupidly..''

''Hey, your supposed to follow my orders and don't complain Joseph, your a part of my pack.'' Derek growled at him. Selena found it kind of funny that he called him Joseph, since he hated being called that. Probably even more when Derek did it.

''So you knew this whole time that I was a vampire?'' she suddenly asked and stepped towards him, with her arms folded together. The fact that he knew the whole time, kind of scared her.

''not until recently, but that didn't keep me away. I'll always be Joe, your best friend.'' He smiled brightly at her and he could feel Derek rolling his eyes. He wasn't exactly the brightest person in the world. Derek was an alpha male, one of the most dangerous werewolf species.

''So, do you guys now what this Klaus wants?''

''Has something with your precious Damon to do with..'' Derek said as he was looking out the window, watching carefully if they were being followed. He could hear it even if it were many miles away. So did Joe, but not as well since he wasn't an alpha like Derek.

''And what is that exactly?'' Selena continued to ask. Logan only stayed silent in the corner.

''He's very avengeful, he's an original and has known Damon for a very long time. Something happened, and something he's not happy with. He won't stop, until he succeeds his mission.'' 

Elena was taking the shift at the bakery. She had no idea of Joe's up abouts but she didn't care much. It was then when she saw Damon once again outside, staring into the bakery. She inhaled deeply and got up and walked outside. ''Damon, why are you here?''

''Just wanted to know if Selena was here, she isn't at home.''

''Well, maybe she's taking a walk. Maybe she's hanging out with friends. But your welcome to stay here, to obsess over her even more..'' She faked a smile, feeling anger rising up inside of her.

''No thanks, I'm cool..'' He shot her an angry glare and faked a smile.

''You don't have to worry about her so much..''

''Excuse me, but my engagement party was crashed by a crazy guy and you almost got killed and Selena. So I don't think I'm going over the line here, I want her to be safe.''

''You really do have feelings for her don't you?''

He nodded slowly. ''Now, what gave that away?'' he laughed a little and Elena couldn't help but smile at him.