Chapter 2

Years had passed. Looking at herself in the mirror, she didn't remember much from that night, the only thing she remembered was that she became a vampire that very night. She was now a part of the vampires.  And she would be forever. She knew she was already living an immortal life and before she'd know she'd be 100 years old and still look as if she were nineteen. Her only family are vampires. A part of her knows that her real parents weren't vampires. But she didn't remember who killed her parents. It was like she forgot as soon as she became one.

''Goodbye Lucy,'' she told to one of her closest friends here and went to work.

She worked at a pretty much regular place. Most of the vampires don't, but she chose to do so as they could walk in daylight because of the special bracelets and other jewelries that were made for them. She didn't want to be completely out of the world. She wanted to feel what it was like, what humans do. A long time ago, she was human, but a big part of her didn't remember what it was like.

She worked at a bakery, she loved making cakes, her own recipes. ''Good morning Joe,'' she told her best friend, who was in fact a human.

''Good morning Sel,'' he greeted back. 

Joe had no idea what Selena was. Even though she'd tell him, he'd probably laugh. He'd never believe her, and by telling him it would break the code, she would break the rules.

After a long day at work, she arrived home. The house was big, and there she lived with Lucy and her aunt Cindy. She wasn't really her aunt, but called her that, because she had gotten close to them that way. She was changing her clothes when Lucy came in.

''He's about to arrive,'' she said.

'''Well, too bad cause I wont be here.''

''Well he expects you too, you know your meant to be with him for- ''

' A lifetime?'' She faked a smile, looking at Lucy. ''I'm older than I was when I became a vampire and my life has already been chosen for me. '' She rolled her eyes, collapsing on her bed.  ''I don't wanna be with him Lucy. He's bad news,'' she sighed. ''Damon is bad news.''