Chapter 5

As she looked at the boy she recognized him from last night. She couldn't believe of all places, he was here.

''Uhm, do I know you?'' he asked her. She gazed at him for a moment, that awkward question he asked. He couldn't recognize her, it was too dark. And right now, she wondered if saving him was a mistake.

She shook her head. '' Uhm no I don't believe so. You must mistake me with someone else,'' she said and stood up from her seat, she walked outside. She felt the need of getting  fresh air and shake the nervousness out of her bones. She ran her fingers through her hair trying to forget what just happened. She heard footsteps coming near, realizing it was Joe.

''Selena, are you okay? '' he asked sounding mortified and wondering if his friend was okay.

''I'm fine Joseph. I'm just tired ... go back inside and take care of the new worker.'' 

''Are you sure?'' he asked one more time.

''I'm sure,'' she smiled. ''Now go, I'll be back in a second, '' she said and pushed him inside. He did as she wanted him to do and took care of Logan, the new guy.

When the day at work was over, another force was about to come. This was the night she was fearing for. She appeared at the place and sat down alone by the bar. She turned her head and there was Damon, with his pack of vampires, laughing.

She rolled her eyes turning her head back. She heard a voice and there was Lucy. ''Hey how are you holding up?'' she asked.

''Well I told you I'd be here, I never told you I'd be the life of the party... '' she said annoyed, trying to avoid the desperate family of hers who wanted her to be with Damon.

''Can I have your attention please?'' Damon called out, and all the people stopped talking, and payed attention.

''This is what this party is about, and this is what we've all been relying on. It is time that it happened, and it's our time. My time and Selena's '' He walked towards Selena and she turned around afraid of what he was gonna do or say.

He knelt down and pulled something out of his pocket, opening a small box. The tradition was that the ring would lead to another. It wasn't a diamond ring, it was a special ring, with a red stone.

''Selena if you please, be my wife. '' He smiled and she could hear people's awws.

''No..'' she said and rushed out of the building.

Lucy watched her leave and couldn't feel anything but sadness for her. She really felt for her.