Chapter 24- Graduation

Cailee's POV

Mabilis lumipas ang mga araw. Parang kailan lang transferee kami dito sa Brent, ngayon graduation na. Valedictoria is Zoey, Salutatorian ako. Khal graduated with honors. And the rest of my friends will stay here in Brent for another year.

Graduation namin ngayon. Si Zoey, himalang walang suot na salamin. Umakyat ang parents niya galing La Union. And they are so proud with Zoey. Lumabas ang potential niya buhat ng matigil ang bullying sa kanya ni Stacey. Mas naging active si Zoey. She even beat Khal in archery much to Khal's dismay. And they end up having a rematch.

Tinawag si Zoey for her graduation speech. Lumingon siya sa akin saka ngumiti. Tapos tumingin siya sa crowd and I know she's looking for Rome.

"I remember the time when I asked my mother if I can stop this year because I was depressed. I was bullied and have no friends. I felt alone in this prestigious school with nothing but a scholarship at hand." Zoey said on her graduatin speech. Hindi ko alam yun. Ngayon ko lang nalaman 'to.

"I was anxious with my self and when a rich kid is in vicinity, I will hide in a place away from them. That's how I handled my secondary and junior high school life in Brent. I was an unknown to everyone. The day I saw a young lady stood up for someone was the day my perspective in life changed. And I also met someone who hide her identity just to live a life that I have. To be an unknown so she can study in peace. I started to feel ashame to myself. Here I am, the things that I have and was taking for granted is the only thing that she was asking for. To be an UNKNOWN. People judge us in everyway they can. I myself is guilty of that, because I thought rich people do not care for others.
I once ask my friend Cailee Sebastian, why her parents are still working when they are rich enough to live a comfortable life. I remember the exact words that she replied. She said "My parents are working not for themselves but for the families that are depending on our companies. There are thousands of thousands of families that will suffer if my parents started to be lazy."" Zoey pause for a while. The crowd chucled and I am speechless.

"Now I know that rich people do care for others. And I understand now that bullies are poor people. They are just pretending to be rich. Please educate others on bullying. It's an ugly thing and can kill the fire inside of a person. I was lucky I was saved by my friends without them even knowing it. If I didn't met them, maybe there is no Zoey Ann Cruz in front of you today. She maybe dead by now and my parents probably mourning instead not celebrating with my success today. I want to say Thank You to Khaleesi for marching to the group of girls at first day of school. And to Cailee, thank you for showing me what a true rich people do for others. To my friends, thank you for pushing me and bringing down my walls so I can be the best person I can be. You saved me from dying because I was ready to end my life if I didn't met you. So once again Thank You for saving me. This is Zoey Ann Cruz your class Valedictorian."

Bumaba ng podium si Zoey at lumapit sa akin. She hugged me and whispered Thank you to me. Parang waterfalls ang mga luha ko. Here I am, nagmumukmok sa pag-alis ni Gab. Meron pa palang ibang tao na mas nangangailangan sa akin. Meron pa lang taong mas mabigat ang problema kaysa sakin na broken hearted.

I saw my mom crying and Khal and Jack and Auntie Lise and even our teachers were crying to Zoey's powerful speech.

After the graduation ceremony, my parents asked Zoey's parents to celebrate with us. And my mom and Autie Lise didn't want a no for an answer. So habang nag-uusap ang mga matatanda, nagkakwentuhan naman kami sa mga plano namin. Nakaupo kami sa isang malaking table. Away from our parents a politics ang usapan.

"Pinaiyak mo naman sila." Biro ni Jon kay Zoey.
"Tanga...ikaw din naman sumisinghot ka na nga eh." King replied.
"That was indeed a powerful speech. Gusto mo bang makita ang video ng mga pinatamaan mong bullies? Nakayuko silang lahat." Khal said to Zoey. Umiling na lang si Zoey.
"Tapos na ako sa chapter na yun. I want to focus on my studies." Zoey replied.
"Yes...Isn't it cool magkakasama tayong tatlo sa London." Excited na sagot ko.
Dahil sa napaamo ni Zoey ang kabayo ni Tito Tristan, binigyan sya ng scholarship ni Tita Diane. Gusto palang mag Vet ni Zoey kaso wala sa course na available sa scholarship niya kay Auntie Sam. Buti nalang talaga.
"Daya nila." Sagot ni Carlos.
"Ano course mo Khal?" tanong ni Jack.
"Hindi ko pa alam." Sagot ni Khal.
"Si Cailee?" Tanong ulit ni Jack.
"Medicine." I replied.
"Wow naman." Jon commented.
"Bakit Med?" Tanong ni Rome.
"Gusto ko magvolunteer works." I replied.
"That's nice. Tapos si Zoey Vet." King commented. "Buti pa kayo alam nyo na gusto nyong mangyari sa buhay nyo."
"So ano gusto mong palabasin ha? Na walang dereksyon ang buhay ko?" Khal defensively said. Eto na naman sila... Buti na lang talaga graduate na kami at matatahimik ang bahay ni Auntie Lise.
"Wala akong sinabing ganun." Sagot ni King.
"Okay...stop na... Please children..." Pag-aawat ni Jack. Siya lang ang referee ng dalawa tuwing nag-aaway.

Mamimiss ko ito.