Chapter 21- Boot Camp

Gab's POV

I arrive at the Recruit Training Center (RTC) at 10am with 300 recruits. The first military drill I learned, is the position of attention. If the officer is not asking you you need to shut up. Speak unless someone asks you a question.

The record keeping begins. Once all of my records are accounted for, they gave me a permission to make a phone call. I didn't use mine but I leave a message to my dad saying I am now in boot camp.After that, I moved orderly from station-to-station, creating my record.

After the paperwork, all of my civilian things where box up and shipped to home. I chose Uncle Kian's home cause Philippines is so far from here. I received an issued Navy sweat suits which I will wear until my first uniform arrive. Then I was asked to do the mandatory drug test and the light were off at exactly 10pm.

My first week in boot camp is purely hell. I encounter the toughest physical training that I know. It's physically exhausting and mentally stressful. It seems like we can't do anything right. Swimming is a requirement and marching is so complex that I even dream about it.

Week 2 is a continuation of the shouting, physical training and drill. Written examinations should be passed. Extreme survival is necessary. Laws, ranks and other chain of commands are enforce. Uniform has arrive but need to do alterations. At the end of the week, our group of 1000 in barracks become 800.  Despite my exhausting at day, by the end of the night when lights are off and my back hits my bed, my mind will go back to the night that I am dancing waltz with Cailee.

During the third week, the lesson on classroom lessen but the hands-on training increase. First aid training has tought. Naval history, law of armed conflict, money management, navy and aircraft basic technical training. Too much information at a short period of time. And the yelling continues. I think that will be the only constant on this training. And ofcourse the momories that I have for Cailee.

At week 4, I experienced the first hand on weapon. I shoot a shotgun and M16. The yelling continues but not too much as the first week. Maybe because I got something right. Push-ups, sit-ups, curl-up, running, and other physical activities became easy for me. Our batch became lesser and lesser at the weeks pass. Now we are down to 500. Uniforms are already given to us. Hopefully it will fit this time. Graduation is around the corner. It's been a month since I came here. And none of the physical activities can erase the memory of a crying Cailee. Not even my officer's yelling to close off the lights at 10pm sharp.

Week 5 approach, and the extensive anti-terrorism/force-protection briefings on threat conditions, history of terrorism and steps sailors can take to present less of a potential target were thought. All kinds of guns needs to know. Additional hours on shooting is enforce. Physical combat is a must and computer classes is fun. I once saw Tito Kyle browse using deep web. But using it is unimaginable. The length of information that a military have is scary as hell.

Graduation photo was taken at week 6. There are more physical training, inbetween of classes. Basic training for fire on ship was received. And the gaschamber day is around the corner. It's a torture day that the officer's arehaving fun throwing tear gas at us while reciting our name and social securitynumber while they are wearing gas mask and us fighting our asses not to cough anddie.

On week 7, another written test has arrived that will grade us on what we havelearned. The actual lesson on fire fighting at the ship wreck tested if we payattention during class discussion. Yelling lessen now. Physical training islike an ordinary excises to us. At the end of the week, we need to participateat a 12-hours practical exam known as Battle Station. It's designed to wrapeverything we learned about swimming survival, teamwork, fire-fighting, damagecontrol, and more into one massive 12 hour hands-on exercise. At the end of theceremony I received my hat and I know I am one step away from graduation.

Final week is rather mellow. A little classroom training, practical exams andfinally I passed all the requirements. It was Friday when I put my uniform andmake the final passed in review.

I am now ready for an intense training or an assignment if they need me.

--------------

A/N

Some or majority of the information was collected on the internet. I copied some of the descriptions on a web called THE BALANCE because I don't know how the US Navy works.

I give credit to that website.