· Horror/Paranormal Reviews ·

____________

Hello judges, participants and readers alike!

Today we bring you the judges' reviews for all the books that were registered into the Horror/Paranormal genre, winners or no!

Please keep in mind that these are the individual judges opinions, and different judges have different review styles and techniques. If you are not satisfied with your review, we unfortunately cannot do anything more, but we are deeply sorry if you feel that way.

A massive thank you to all the judges who put in so much effort to write these reviews, you guys rock!

_____________

Death Is Only The Beginning - A_Sinful_Writer

There's a mix of The Walking Dead/Shaun of the Dead/Biohazard that would make this an enjoyable read for any zombie lovers. The descriptions are very detailed. The action sequences are well-written and mesh well with the plot, and help to keep the pace from slowing down. It's interesting to see how the characters' personalities change throughout the story as they adapt to every situation. There are quite a bit of punctuation mistakes found in the story, and the tense tends to shift between past and present, which at times disrupt the flow of the story.

My demonic guardian angel - yourfriendbri

The descriptions are amazing, and the writer has done a great job crafting each character and their distinctive personalities. Although the plot isn't original, there is a good mix of humor and mystery to keep readers engaged. There are some grammatical errors every now and then, but not enough to distract the readers from the story.

My Demons Come From Heaven - Allamy14

The gloomy tone and mood of the story give off a mysterious vibe. While character development is consistent and easy to understand, plot development seems neglected because too much is spent on explaining the backstory of Charlie and her family. Also, there is a severe overuse of I's, causing the story to drag at times. The story would flow better if the writer can separate the chapters into multiple paragraphs.

Defying terror - faintplanes

Slater Tross is an interesting character. It's fun to read the story through his point of view, though it would be nice if the story could be read from other POV's as well (eg. Manchester, members of the Imperial Guards, cult members, etc.). That way, it'll make the plot more interesting. There are some occasional grammatical errors, but not enough to disrupt the flow of the story. One thing to watch out for is the overuse of 'I's.' It's unavoidable given the story is in the 1st person POV, but do make sure you don't end up with paragraphs of "I this..." and "I that," and causing the descriptions to feel choppy and dragged.

Never ending - ChrissyK92

The plot is outstanding, with some unique ideas that distinguishes itself from the paranormal genre. I quite enjoy the dynamics between the various characters presented in the story, all thanks to the incredible descriptions written about them. There are some occasional grammatical errors and spelling mistakes, which at times disrupts the flow of the story.

Half Moon by Zoriey

I think you write very well. I like how each chapter is based on an emotion. It's very creative. Your grammar is pretty good, and I enjoyed reading. You have a big future in writing.

Purple Eyed People Eater by Kmills96

This is definition of horror. However, grammar is a thing you should definitely work on. It was hard to read because your paragraphs are not spaced evenly. There is run-on sentences, and sentences with no subject. However, the plot itself is pretty good. I recommend making your chapters longer.

Carnivorous Cupid by StephRose1201

The plot is absolutely amazing. I don't have many critiques on your work except for a few grammar errors. I was hooked by the first line. Good job!

Apoptosis by paperpeach

I like the idea of having the chapters be in episodes. It's very creative. The characters all seem to have different perspectives on the zombie outbreak, which makes it more interesting to read. You do not have too many grammar errors so it makes it smoother to read. I really like the way you describe things and use detail, but not too much. The plot is very very interesting. I actually really love this plot. Overall, I love your work and you should continue writing.

The Executioner by Tonyscady

The plot is intriguing, makes me want to continue reading. However, the grammar is poor and is a setback. I recommend the author tries using spellcheck/grammar websites. The plot is a classic trope that is seen in novels and movies: someone avenging the death of a close friend/relative by killing everyone involved. I think you executed it very well. I also suggest not using emojis/emoticons, specifically if you were considering entering this book in more contests or publishing it. I thoroughly enjoyed the book. Overall, you seem to have a great future in writing.

Camp Grizzly Creek by 13Iamlucky13

I thought the book was excellent. There were some mistakes here and there but over all it was really good. Usually I'm not a sucker for horror, but this had me in the edge of my seat. The only thing I'm complaining about is the grammar, but it wasn't a lot of mistakes for the grammar. I thought the cover could be a little bit more original.

A Dark Path To Heaven by HalloweenBox

I really liked how the chapters weren't short. The summary of the story was well detailed, it draws the reader in. When I read the summary I was like 'I have to read this right now.'

Deception by Suga_Bless

I honestly thought the chapters could be longer. I wish it was more detailed. In the summary for the story it doesn't show what the story is going to be about. I was a little disappointed when it didn't give information about the story. If the author would've included that I would've honestly given it a higher grade.

Sharkgator - Kadenereadaholic

I really liked the Prologue, it really hooked the reader. I wish the cover was a little bit more creative. The grammar and punctuation was on point. The summary really made me want to read it immediately.

Unbelievable: Maze - Iqra_Anastasia (user untraceable)

The grammatical errors and misspellings did take away from the read, and the writing could've been more fluid. There was a lack of descriptions, so I couldn't really picture much. There was certainly a good pace though.

The MC is definitely a strong character. Having problems at home and at school is always tough. It really starts to take a toll. But the MC handles herself well.

She stands up for herself at school and won't allow bullies to get away with things. She speaks her mind and, while she does have a slight temper, her thoughts after the fact are calmer and rational. She takes learning seriously and doesn't want to disappoint herself or others. I really liked her.