· Mystery/Thriller Judges Reviews ·

____________

Hello judges, participants and readers alike!

Today we bring you the judges' reviews for all the books that were registered into the Mystery/Thriller genre, winners or no!

Please keep in mind that these are the individual judges opinions, and different judges have different review styles and techniques. If you are not satisfied with your review, we unfortunately cannot do anything more, but we are deeply sorry if you feel that way.

A massive thank you to all the judges who put in so much effort to write these reviews, you guys rock!

_____________

Diaries Of A Deranged Scientist - Blottedpaper99

The book doesn't have a proper cover. The summary looks good, I don't see the plot of the book. It doesn't look like the book had been proofread and for some reason, many of the "I" s from the sentences are missing. Instead of using big words, it would be better to fix your punctuation and grammar. Many aspects of the book don't add up and there is too much information which isn't required. The plot of the book (based on the title) has a lot of potential so instead of writing and writing and writing, maybe take some time to figure out what's going to happen first and proofread before publishing.  

Who Killed Dan Merlin? - Buttkicker2293

The book has a good cover but I don't see how it matches the plot? The cover does suit the book but it doesn't have much, if any, connection with the plot in my opinion. The summary is very hooking and makes me want to read it and find out more about the book. The prologue starts off well but then it kinda becomes repetitive. The chapters don't give off any kind of feeling. It's like they are just words on paper (which they are) but books usually make you feel some sort of emotion. The grammar is okay but can be improved. The punctuation is alright. The plot of the book has great potential, you just need to add some emotions to your writing and fix the grammatical errors. Also, I feel like your first chapter (not the prologue) is an information dump. We don't need to know about what previous criminal they caught.  

Midnight Darlings - DracoNako

The summary of the book is good. It is slightly confusing so you may want to reword that or something but it catches my attention and makes me want to read the book. The prologue is nice and to the point. Again, it captures my attention. Your grammar and punctuation is great. I love the plot of the book, its very well thought out and the way it is told to the reader is very creative as well.  

Shut Up and Dance - Sam_le_fou

The book has an interesting title, I wouldn't have understood it had you not explained it. The grammar and punctuation is really good. The plot is very interesting and I love how the third person POV matches the book, the book wouldn't have made much sense had it been first person. The cover matches the book well as well.  

The Quiet Unravelling of Jamie Winchester - KelseyMcHartley