· Chicklit Judges Reviews ·

____________

Hello judges, participants and readers alike!

Today we bring you the judges' reviews for all the books that were registered into the Chicklit genre, winners or no!

Please keep in mind that these are the individual judges opinions, and different judges have different review styles and techniques. If you are not satisfied with your review, we unfortunately cannot do anything more, but we are deeply sorry if you feel that way.

A massive thank you to all the judges who put in so much effort to write these reviews, you guys rock!

_____________

Under Tennessee Skies - BEHaynes

This book is really really nice but the only problem is that you have entered it under chicklit but the genre you have stated inside your book is Teen Fiction, besides that the cover that you currently have for your book is more of a fantasy, paranormal or science fiction cover rather than that of a teen fiction. I a sunder the impression that you book was something like that after I saw your cover but then I was totally confused because your cover really does not suit your book. The plot you have for the book is also nice but maybe it could end up with a bit more suspense to keep the readers hooked on to. 

Petty Betty - ReigningDesire

The title of your book is something which instantly attracts reader, not to mention the cover of your book is astounding and breathtaking. The story idea and the chronicle for your book is something out of the box and also something that people discuss, it takes up the social issue of racism and also at the same time the life story of what a teenage black girl goes through. This simple idea is something that came out of your innovation which is reflected in the first few chapters of your book.  

The Billionaire's Sister - YourrAwkwardWriterr

The cover that you have for the book is really basic and the idea of getting Madison out of jail and convincing everyone is not likely to happen, as she doesn't have to convince anyone if she is able to prove herself. The idea and plot of your book is a bit shaky it seems like you yourself are not clear of exactly what you want with the story or else where you want it to go, you need to plan out your book however it is also okay if you are one of those persons who like to discover thier book while writing, but I guess you need to write the whole book as draft first before you publish it, it would also give you a bit more sense of responsibility and would also help you to discover your book a bit more.  

Steal My Heart - pretty_reader_

At the start, before the story takes shape, it's a little plain, there's nothing that actually wants to make me go through with the entire story, but once Emma shifts to her Grandma's place, and starts going to school, the story gets better.. The punctuation is fine, so is the grammar, but a little more similes and references could have been used.. Then there's the character development, it's good, I like the way the characters were introduced, but there was still a confusion as to who was what, who was bad, and who was good.. That wasn't understood very clearly, it's only the assumptions that helped at this stage. But otherwise, the plot is creative, and to an extent, I would say unique..  

His Scarred Beauty - Purple_Writer_

The first chapter itself drew me in completely, it was like my eyes were utterly addicted to the words on the page, and I couldn't stop reading the prologue.. The grammar is very good, so is the punctuation.. I can just imagine everything happening in front of my eyes as I continue to read.. It was an amazing book..  

Undercover Royals - sandyn101

The style of writing was just amazing, there were no grammar mistakes or anything. The English used was phenomenal, but, the first chapter was a little too long. So I started losing my interest as I moved on, but the plot was creative, and the English.. Like I said, phenomenal..  

Mafia Queen - ultraviolet_death

The protagonist, Dawn Ackles kicks off with a great hook which immediately draws in the reader with 'The good girl changes the bad guy, right?' and she doesn't disappoint right up to the end of Chapter 1 with her cliffhanger 'Life has just begun.'

But then she doesn't follow through on her promise of fighting, feisty and spunky protagonist and we have wait for her right up to Chapter 12 onwards. She is a good driver of the plot, though.This story has 39,6 plus Reads and that's a lot of people spending time reading and the grammar and punctuation needs attention.

 The Plot unfolds well and includes a good mix of twists and turns which builds up around Chapter 10 with the introduction of Isaac's father and the revelation of Dawn's past. 

I enjoyed the story. It is well constructed and has the ingredients for those readers who enjoy mature content and explicit sexual descriptions and language.  

Christmas Wish - stratospheree

The protagonist, is very engaging and interesting and connects well with the reader through her diary entries. The other two characters are distinct and interesting in their own way, especially her brother. The grammar was a excellent. The plot is a good storyline in which the author managed to take ordinary events and turn it into a warm Christmas story as the days progress and Christmas come around. The only thing I missed was some conflict to heat things up a bit. I enjoyed the story and readers who like Christmas stories would find it interesting, unique and a good read.Overall it was well-written with defined themes, characters, very descriptive scenes and engaging dialogue.  

Always Dreaming - BooksbyLwordpress

The protagonist, Lexi wants to be a writer. That is stated upfront, but I find her development and ability to go for what she wants disappointing. The grammar does not get in the way. The plot is a typical high school nerd meets jock theme which unfolds at a good pace. It is an enjoyable story and one that will be enjoyed by teenagers, but it can do with more conflict and twists to increase the tension and up the action by the protagonist.  

Saving The Angel - _AngelReader_

The protagonist, Brooke, must be developed fully so that the reader get some idea of what she wants in life and what drives her. She comes across as too meek and mild and weak, from the moment Hayden falls out of sky on her right through to when she walks in on him, drunk and making out with a girl on her couch and in her flat. The grammer is well attended to. The plot needs attention in order to make it something different which sets it apart from other stories like this. The story will apoeal to teenagers, but it must have more tension and conflict to entice readers to leave everything they are busy with in order to flip the page and check out what is happening next.