Ch 28.5 - Questions

Hanna crumpled the newspaper in her hand.

"I told you, you moron." she muttered to herself. "I told you that you were going to get hurt."

She swallowed her tears, forcing them back down into her stomach.

I won't cry again. Not because of him.

"Saw the papers, did you?"

Hanna looked up as Jin sat down next to her. He took the crumpled paper out of her hand and unfolded it. She looked away. It was bad enough that she couldn't stop playing that night over and over in her mind. Now the image was literally right there in front of her. 

Jin sighed. "My brother is always causing trouble, isn't he?"

She didn't answer.

"I'm sure you've seen his bad side," he continued. "After all, you've known Jungkook for some time now, haven't you? Since you were both freshmen in high school?"

Jin's eyes searched hers. The smug glisten in them unnerved her. She looked away from him.

"Yeah," she replied. "So what?"

"You two have an interesting relationship."

"We don't have a relationship."

"You have a history." Jin leaned forward, catching Hanna's eye again. "Sometimes I wonder..."

Hanna raised her eyebrows, unamused. "What?"

He searched her face for a moment. "You were both so young then. Hanna, tell me. My brother. Was he your first –"

"He's nothing." she said, cutting him off and standing up from the bench.

Jin jumped in front of her, unraveling the paper as she tried to walk away. She stepped back and looked at it, then turned away before more tears threatened her.

"Your face says otherwise," he said.

When she didn't answer, he crumpled the paper back up and tossed it aside. His hands reached up to rest on her shoulders, rubbing them to comfort her.

"You know, Hanna, I keep forgetting you're a princess as well."

She laughed. "My sisters are princesses. That's why they have the international engagements and the suitors."

"What do you have, then? Don't you have suitors?"

She shook her head. "Princes don't go for princesses like me. Give me a fairy tale where girls like me get a happy ending."

He searched her face for a moment, as she faked her best smile.

"I'm not interested in fairy tales," he replied. "The reality is you're a good woman. I wish Jungkook --" 

"I need to go check on Y/N." she interrupted, wiggling out of his grasp. "She needs all the protection she can get right now."

Jin gently touched her elbow as she walked past him, making her stop in her tracks. "And who protects you, my dear?"

She chewed on her lip, unable to meet his eyes. She pulled away from his touch and kept walking forward. 

*