Ch 18 - Jimin POV - Almost

First there was screaming. Then I was on the ground.

My guards pinned me down, forcing all their weight against me. I tried to look around, but I couldn't move my neck.

The room shook as the sound of glass shattered around me, screams and shuffling close behind. In a moment, it was over.

I tried to shake my men off me, but they only pinned me down harder.

"Please stay down, Your Highness."

My heart was pounding in my head so hard that I couldn't even speak.

Where was Y/N? Where was my family?

The screams stopped and I heard footsteps running through the sanctuary. They were heavy. 

"Seal off the entrances!"

"What is your station?"

"Search for any more explosives."

My head swam. Was anyone hurt? Who did this? 

I struggled underneath the weight of my men. "Lay, where is Y/N?"

The guard pinning down my spleen looked at me, then looked over his shoulder. "She's next to us, Sir."

"Is she safe?"

He nodded. "Seems so, Sir."

"And the rest of my family?"

He looked around. "No one seems majorly injured. Just hold tight, Sir."

I felt nauseous, but relieved. I tried to control my breathing as the men searched the sanctuary.

It felt like decades before my men released me. I shook them off, jumping up to my knees. Y/N sat up next to me, holding her head.

"Are you all right?" I asked, touching the hands over her head.

She looked around, dazed. 

The damage to the sanctuary was pretty bad. Every window was blown out, glass scattered across the floor. Jagged edges stuck out of the window panes, the cold air pouring through.

She gripped my hands. "Jimin..."

I turned around, looking for my parents. They were standing to their feet, surrounded by guards. With a quick scan of the sanctuary, it looked like everyone was safe. 

"I think it's best we evacuated the sanctuary." Suho said.

I nodded, grabbing Y/N's arms. She stumbled, probably weak from fear. I put my arm around her waist, holding her up.

"I got you." I said. "Let's go."

Suho led us to a side room, hidden by a secret door. There were many of them across the castle for this exact reason.

Four guards were left with us as Suho went to inspect the damages.

Y/N's breath was shaking. "You're not hurt?"

I smiled. "I'm never hurt."

"First the island, now this." she said. "There really are people trying to hurt you."