Ch 19 - Your POV - Meetings

What was that for?

I tried not to touch my cheek where Jimin had kissed me. It was awkward enough sitting in a room with Jungkook, Jin, and Sydney. I didn't want them to know what I was thinking about.

Did Jimin... care about me?

"It seems you and Jimin are getting closer." Jin said, smiling at me.

I nodded, not sure if it was the truth. We had our moments., few and far between.

"I'm glad you're by his side, Y/N." Jin continued. "Especially in times like this. As a king without a queen, I can attest to the fact that being alone when the world is against you is one of the hardest things in the world."

Sydney rolled her eyes. "You don't have to be royalty to feel that way."

Jin nodded thoughtfully. "I suppose you're right."

I looked at Jungkook, who was staring at me, his eyes soft and concerned. 

I knew. I knew he cared about me. Truth was, I cared about him too. More than I should have.

Guilt washed over me again.

I couldn't keep feeling like this. Jimin was my husband. Not Jungkook. I didn't want to admit that I had fantasized about it being otherwise. Jungkook was kind and attentive. Jimin was... 

...What was Jimin?

The door swung open. I jumped, seeing Jimin's face. I looked down. I felt like if I looked at him too long, he could see what I was thinking.

"Taking off again, I see." Jungkook muttered.

Jimin sat next to me, ignoring Jungkook's comment. He turned to Sydney. "Well? What do you have for me?"

Sydney's lip twitched. "The blueprint leak. We found the source."

"Oh?"

"The leak didn't come from your men." She nodded at Jin. "It came from yours."

"What?" Jin, Jungkook, and Jimin asked at the same time.

"According to one of the conspirers we captured and questioned," Suho said, "the blueprints came from Jin's castle. Information has been constantly provided by one of your men."

"You have a mole, King Jin." Sydney said.

Jin's face hardened. "How is that possible?"

Sydney shrugged. "It's not a long shot. You and Jimin are related. Considering the fact that you're so close as a family, it makes sense that information would pass easily between the two castles."

"What do we do then?" Jungkook asked. "We can't allow this to continue."

"We use our resources to find the culprit." Jin said. 

"With Jimin as the target, we'll still need to be involved." Sydney said.

I tried not to say anything. I couldn't tell if she really wanted to help Jimin, or if she just wanted to stay close to him.

But what could I say? I was the one constantly staying close to Jungkook.

"I'm happy to cooperate in any way." Jin said.