Chapter 20: The shards of glass

Adam's POV:

Everything twists and bends around me as my last tears blur my vision. A thin layer of silence dangles in the air as I look around the room. 

'She's won...like she always does...At least in the games I knew I was being played with...'

I try to block out her piercing thoughts but It's no use, they just find a way to craw back in my head and invade my mind. Maybe she's right.

Or not.

I see Puppy eyes staring at the dark walls that are furnished with bullet holes, blood varnishing the floor and the shattered balcony that Ma-Ma once stood in, showering shards of glass that dive into the ground. I wondered what happened here. Looks like another war broke out...

The shards of glass. Oh my God! Glass!

My eyes light up as I see our way out of this hellhole. I start to shove my chair towards the direction of the falling glass.

'What are you  doing, Adam...?' She cries. 'We've lost, Adam...it's game over'

'No...it isn't. The games have just begun...'

<><><><><>

Ashley's POV: (earlier on)

Anger, pain...loss...

Defeat.

The same feelings that possess my body just like before. I remember him setting me free, being kidnapped from my freedom, being played with and lied to, forced to play her games...

And I remember him pointing his gun straight at me. 

'Adam...?'

'hmm...?'

'Before...when we were here...you had to shoot...you held the...the gun straight at me...were you...were you going to shoot me...after you saved me...? After I came back for you...?'

'Puppy...I'

'Please tell me it's not true. Please...'

I'm scared to love again

I'm scared to get hurt again

I'm scared of being lied to again

I'm scared of being forgotten

Yet I am so used to it...

'I'd rather you hurt me with the truth than to comfort me with a lie.'

'No, it's not true..please puppy, let me explain...'

'Don't call me that! Don't make me sound weak! Don't make me sound like I need saving!  I died a long time ago...Go ahead and just explain...you were going to shoot me...right?!'

'Those...ticking time bombs..I designed them...'

'What...?!'

'Ma-Ma had me...make them 3 years ago. My inventions were used to kill hundreds of people. Traitors especially. Funny how i am going to be killed my my own discovery.'